Honored Contributor

Re: Enough with Christmas in July

@xryretriever   Do keep in mind that what you and I have no desire to watch and buy from is exactly what different buyers want.

As far as I am concerned QVC could cease broadcasting for the rest of 2021 -  everything I intend to buy is already on my auto-delivery list.  

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

To me Ill take CIJ any day over the same ole tired Dyson products, or Shark vauums, or mattresses, or all the TONS of beauty products where some of the before photos look better than the after ones ...LOL, shoes, shoes, shoes...Woman Frustrated, then there's the food shows---better deals locally---, then to justify all the food ordering QVC brings out the exercise equipment so one will not feel guilty I guess......😄................To me these are the shows that are a SNOOZEST and I immediately change the channel.... 😴ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

But @Spurt   you named almost every line QVC carries!  LOL

Which lines would you like them to air?  I rarely watch anymore but I do order online.

Jewelry, garden and handbags are the some of the only ones left you didn't mention.

I think they do a pretty good job of mixing it up....unless it is an event day.

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

I'm not a fan of CIJ either. We all have our opinions. There is nothing wrong with expressing them.That's what makes us all different.

@NicksmomESQ  But there is a polite way to express that opinion.

Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

I'm not a fan of CIJ either. We all have our opinions. There is nothing wrong with expressing them.That's what makes us all different.

@NicksmomESQ  But there is a polite way to express that opinion.

@proudlyfromNJ  I totally agree.

Frequent Contributor

I think it’s just too much if a good thing. There are probably tens of thousands of products that could be aired, and too much of anything: Christmas, beauty, gourmet food, clothing lines, screeching hosts and company reps, multiple hours of air time on a TSV is too much for a lot of customers, which could also impact sales and profit!

Yes we could change the channel or turn off the TV, but having a variety of items presented through the day would be nice, too.
Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

It's Christmas in July.  It happens every year.

It's still July.

I really don't understand these threads.  

@Caaareful Shopper   IK, right?!  jjjdramasmileyf.gif

So many ways folks can entertain themselves...especially during these warmer months. There are other Q channels and other regular channels...tv/cable/streaming services, and yet for what is left of July, there will always be those who can't get through the month. 

Super Contributor

Personally, I am thrilled that they are having CIJ marathons. I have enough Christmas stuff for 10 households for 10 centuries. I am over the moon that people who like CIJ are having a good time. And, I am thrilled that my TV is off and I'm outside digging in the dirt and picking tomatoes, cukes, peppers, etc. I haven't spent a dime this month. My wallet and my husband are doing a happy dance. QVC is sending out a search party for me. My credit card companies checked in to see if I'm still alive. Bring on more CIJ!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RespectLife wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

To me Ill take CIJ any day over the same ole tired Dyson products, or Shark vauums, or mattresses, or all the TONS of beauty products where some of the before photos look better than the after ones ...LOL, shoes, shoes, shoes...Woman Frustrated, then there's the food shows---better deals locally---, then to justify all the food ordering QVC brings out the exercise equipment so one will not feel guilty I guess......😄................To me these are the shows that are a SNOOZEST and I immediately change the channel.... 😴ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

But @Spurt   you named almost every line QVC carries!  LOL

Which lines would you like them to air?  I rarely watch anymore but I do order online.

Jewelry, garden and handbags are the some of the only ones left you didn't mention.

I think they do a pretty good job of mixing it up....unless it is an event day.

@RespectLife 

There's plenty more--there's a lot to show within each category...............

1. Home Decor which is not just for Christmas and includes every day items which can be used all year long) --decorative accents (Martha Stewart, Valerie Parr Hill, Home Reflections), candles (flameless and real), rugs, bedding (bedspreads, quilts, sheets, throws/blankets), there's other seasons too---like Harves/Fall is coming up----

2. Kitchen --gadgets/tools, knives, small appliances, cookbooks, kitchen linens, cookware  

3. Fashion--t-shirts, tops/blouses, jeans, dresses, capris, shorts, coats, sweaters, pajamas/nightgowns

5. Fashion accessories---handbags, socks, intimates, wallets, scarves/hats/gloves (for winter).........

6. Jewelry--- 

7. Garden --Patio---bird feeders, wind chimes, outdoor decorations

8. Crafts---which QVC doesnt do enough of.....they do have some items listed on the website....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

Oh for heavens sakes, it happens every year in July so we all have to deal with it.  We all have shows we don't like.  I have enough shows on my DVR and TV channels to watch without the Q.  I can't stand all the food shows but I don't complain because other viewers are enjoying them.  Same goes for other vendors and hosts.  I move on to other things and suggest the CIJ haters do the same.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

CIJ - Sooooooooooo Annoying - especially to people who don't celebrate that holiday. I'm not watching -- and spending a lot less.

Why don't we celebrate Chanukah in July - Aug - Sept - Oct - Nov - Dec????