Respected Contributor

@maximillian, if they think they are mimicking me I find that even more irritating...and insulting.

Honored Contributor

Re: Enough of this term!

[ Edited ]

@RealtyGal2 wrote:

@maximillian wrote:

Overdone.  Like squirrels.  Like hosts in pajamas.  Like made-up fantasy scenarios.  Someting is fun/cute/refreshing for a few days or even weeks.  Then the hosts go over and over it ad nauseum.  We get sick of it.  We comment.  They persist. 

They do not read the boards. Also, just how imaginative do the hosts have to be to please everyone. They are on for 3 hours at a time and have to talk almost non-stop. I sure could not do it. Could you? Maybe we need to cut them a little slack.Smiley Happy

The hosts may not read the Boards but someone sure does otherwise why would QVC even bother going through the time and expense to have them.... And I have heard hosts/vendors mention that feedback from cutomers changed things so we can keep our fingers crossed....and HOPE!  And the most important thing is QVC is in business to sell products, if hosts do things that annoy viewers and they dont watch or buy thats what matters...And no need to be concerned about the hosts and their job duties, I read the job pays rather handsomely for their efforts Smiley Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: Enough of this term!

[ Edited ]

Instead of making QVC appear to be "on trend" and "current" and "up-to-date", however, it comes across as juvenile.... Its like when I watched the Brady Bunch as a kid when Mr and Mrs. Brady used the terms, "groovy" and "out of sight"!!!---it made me feel embarrassed for the kids...Just like I'm embarrassed for the QVC hosts😄 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Occasional Contributor
The hosts need to go back to dressing, acting, dressing and presenting like hosts. You know, actually do what they get paid very nicely to do. Especially the Mon, Tues, Thurs and Fri prime time hosts. Leah is the only host presenting herself in a professional manner. The rest are mostly silly, ditzy, narcissistic, long winded, boring and annoying sounds on the tv.
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I occasionally hear it used other places but nobody uses it as often or as consistently as Jane Treacy.  I'm convinced she thinks she inventented the word and will never let it become obsolete. 

Agree.

Have you ever counted how many times she says Shoe Shopping With Jane in the Shoe Shopping With Jane show???  It's laughable.

Esteemed Contributor

@Nunyb Well said! I totally agree.

Honored Contributor

*Sigh*..... I agree.  I cringe when I hear it.   Not the first couple of times, it was kinda cute,  but now it's simply juvenile.  And yes, embarrassing for QVC.  

Sometimes I just have to wonder where all the grown ups have gone??

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Regular Contributor

I am right there with you ......Especially when Jane  Tracy says it....it just grates on my nerves.......it HAS to GOOOOOOO!!

Regular Contributor

AMEN!!!

Trusted Contributor

@RealtyGal2 wrote:

@maximillian wrote:

Overdone.  Like squirrels.  Like hosts in pajamas.  Like made-up fantasy scenarios.  Someting is fun/cute/refreshing for a few days or even weeks.  Then the hosts go over and over it ad nauseum.  We get sick of it.  We comment.  They persist. 

They do not read the boards. Also, just how imaginative do the hosts have to be to please everyone. They are on for 3 hours at a time and have to talk almost non-stop. I sure could not do it. Could you? Maybe we need to cut them a little slack.Smiley Happy

We don't need them to be imaginative, just do their job! In the hours of talking  nonsense, how about sizing of an item. Show us the front, back, side,  inside. From clothes to jewelry, never do they say things like, runs true to size, etc. We guess, then send it back because the garment measurements were wrong, and because the host thought it would benefit us to tell us their favorite ice cream flavor or what their plans for the weekend are, not explain in detail what we're buying. We don't  benefit from the nonsense, and it seems it starting to just frustrate everyone. Cut them slack, i think not!