Esteemed Contributor

The cost of clothing has increased everywhere.  There are few clothing brands at the Q that I buy such as barefoot dreams, side stitch, logo jeans, Isaac mizrahi cashmere sweaters and miz mooz. I also find Idena Menzel's clothing line well made. I'm willing to pay for well made items. Louis dell'olio offered beautiful well made clothes, well worth the cost.  He is truly missed.  I'm not interested in fast fashion which is the way the Q seems to be headed.

Valued Contributor

"SOME" ? Of the nonsense?  It's all nonsense folks. The "producers" are victims of the TikTok craze. Why are you letting the hosts dance around and giggle like 13 year olds, apparently forgetting they've got actual products to present, demonstrate and sell?  Certain female hosts are often obnoxiously loud and silly - so much so they've lost my attention and my purchase. I'm not buying as much as I used to. We've both changed, QVC - but I've gotten quieter. And I hate TikTok. 

Valued Contributor

More than that it's offensive !  I long for the days of relaxing by the TV when QVC shows calmed my nerves and took me to a Nice Place where I could buy something simple and affordable for my hair, skin or closet. Lately I've felt bullied by shrill harpies who point their fingers at me and shout: " YOU NEED TO BUY THIS RIGHT NOW BECAUSE ITS SELLING OUT FAST!!  OUR PHONE,LINES ARE JAMMED (please!!!) SO BUY IT NOW BEFORE THE PRICE GOES UP IN 34 MINUTES......blah blah,blah".

Seriously hosts?  Don't you raise your voice and point your finger at me - And put a smile on your face and be nice. Charming even.  I'm ready to buy something IF you're nice to me. Spare me the details of your last vacation or how you got your new puppy to stay out of your swanky bathroom. I'm Not Interested. Thank You. 

Valued Contributor

I'm right there with you - but you do know that our kind are in the minority in 2023.  For whatever reason Quality in humans and the things they like has faded away into trendy TikTok insanity.
I have no solutions except to enjoy the memories and the contents of your closets.  

Super Contributor

Jane Treacy and her so called "dancing" is terrible. 

Why she wants to act like a fool is beyond me.

Her desperation is showing, big time.

Honored Contributor

@65and fabulous wrote:

I have been a QVC shopper for almost 30 years.

I have a closet filled with Bob Mackie silk pants and silk blouses; I have a closet full of Louis del'Olio's beautifully constructed jacketsSmiley Surprisedh, my goodness! Gorgeous fabric, always lined, with such attention to quality and design details. I must have a dozen skirts from Louis as well, and they are still in style and I ALWAYS get compliments.

Thirty years ago, Joan Rivers jewelry was made in Providence Rhode Island and was just fabulous, all heavily gold plated. I must have a hundred pieces that I still wear.

I am an adult woman who loves Fashion.

I realize the Glory Days at QVC are gone, but at one time, the Q was fun to watch and learn from.

Kathy Levine was warm and funny, for instance. She did not prance, twirl, jabber, cackle, get hysterical at her own comments, babble endlessly, interrupt, or talk over anyone.

I just would like to watch hosts who dress professionally, who speak professionally, who have some manners and decorum.

Presentations are not a comedy show. What has happened?  I enjoy most of the  hosts who seem to be working hard, but the silly antics are not necessary.

Please remember that you are Women. I want to enjoy your presentations. I want measurements, sizes, fabric content. Sell me the garment.  

By the way, I now buy from Land's End for my casual clothes. They are well made, there are lots of color choices, and they are Pretty. I love Pretty Clothes!

@65and fabulous 

Agree with you.  

Yes, Land's End is a good choice.  

QVC boutique buyers are no longer good enough for the likes of Bob Mackie and LDO.  We were recently told boutique designers are going to be sold at HSN.  

Contributor

QVC claims to represent Quality, Value and Convenience which is false advertising since it's no longer ANY of the those.  And nobody needs an Economics Degress to understand that a DECREASE in Quality combined with an INCREASE in prices does NOT equate to VALUE!  Just the opposite.  And also being charged two-way shipping for low quality, over-priced items that often end up needing to be returned only adds insult to injury and is NOT CONVENIENT. 

QVC and HSN have been been going downhill for the last several years, so I now only buy products and brands that I already know and trust and leave the highly over-priced items for ignorant suckers to waste their money on.  Since I've been a shopaholic most of my adult life and have accumulated enough clothes for at least ten women - (many still with tags), I could probably just shop from my own closets for the rest of my life and do just fine.  For those who do need to shop, many brick and mortar stores offer better quality items and a much bigger bang for your buck.  Sorry, not sorry QVC.  

Contributor

Calling people "ignorant suckers"?  You seem nice.

Respected Contributor

Seems like many of the remaining QVC hosts see the inevitable writing on the wall.

Desperate Times calling for desperate measures.

Trusted Contributor

@Commoner Exec Mr Wilkes wrote:

Seems like many of the remaining QVC hosts see the inevitable writing on the wall.

Desperate Times calling for desperate measures.

----

100 percent agree.

The hosts know by know they are on a sinking ship and are doing whatever it takes to try and sell.  The next round of layoffs isn't going to be pretty.