Regular Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

QVC used to be a folksy, friendly, reliable place with "boring" clothes.  In other words clothes that most people would find comfortable, wearable, attractive and will made.

Then came the Coach Bags, and the glamour makeup and the high end (well, "expensive") skin care and the stars and oh my now we're Rodeo drive and aspirational.

Most of us aspire to go to the post office during our lunch hour or get the kids to school on time.  

Most of us who watch are just folks and not wanna be's.  Your hosts are off the mark, your vision of QVC is off the mark, and your sales are off the mark.  The people at the top have lost touch with reality and with good business.   And with your customers. 

Completely agree.  I always cringe a bit when I hear a host say "this is what everyone in hollywood is wearing" or "all of the celebrities love this brand".  Am I the only one who does not care about that?  Oh sure...let me buy it right away because so and so loves it. That is not why I buy something. 

"Some people look for a beautiful place. Others make a place beautiful."
Honored Contributor

Loved Bob Mackie fashions.And he was so pleasant and a real gentleman.

Honored Contributor

I figure this is a move to file bankruptcy and they can point to this as how hard they've tried to stem the tide.

Honored Contributor

Tag team hosts add nothing to the shows. The only exception is the three hour food shows where the hosts need a break. 

Occasional Contributor

Agree. They compete and talk over each other and hardly let the host talk. I've watched shows where the host is looking like can I talk. Jane I like her but a talker to where i have got a headache. I don't watch QVC much anymore it is going down hill.

Honored Contributor

Re: Enough is Enough

[ Edited ]

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

QVC's problem is that they've become too generic. They used to have real designers like Louis Del'Olio, George Simonton, Mark Bowuer etc. They got rid of them all in favor of their house brands like Susan Graver( owned by QVC) & Denim & Company. 

Logo isn't a a designer brand in style or quality.I think Rene Greenstein's line is pretty good but she isn't a couture designer. 

If QVC wants to increase sales they need to revert back to the beginning, when they offered quality merchandise at  reasonable prices.Bring back the designers who knew & respected their audience. They designed beautiful well made garments at reasonable prices. I still own many of those pieces. They haven't shrunk,faded or pilled.

QVC needs to realize who their  audience is. It's not the young women. It's the mature women. If they want us to shop, we want to see hosts that we can relate to.When they dismiss the ones that are our age, in favor of younger ones,they're saying that they don't value us. 

@NicksmomESQ 

ITA I miss George Simonton, Louis Dell Olio, Bob Mackie....REAL DESIGNERS......Now all the QVC "fashions" look alike no matter what brand! ................................

Young people arent gonna tune in to a shopping channel. Qurate needs to cater to their niche market women 40 and up, with unique products and reasonable prices...we probably have more disposable/spendable cash too than millenials, Gen X and Gen Y.......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: Enough is Enough

[ Edited ]

We know they aren't getting any new customers.  They've been throwing all their effort into a demographic that isn't interested (youth)...driving the one away that made them successful) those who were more likely to buy...(middle aged and seniors).  

Haven't some of us said "What a dumb thing to do."  QVC didn't care.  They were just drooling over the thought of new customers.  "Youth is where it's at."

It appeared they did no market research to see if they were interested and if they had the money to pay QVC's prices.  It turned out, they didn't.  

The new CFO they hired got JC Penney through Chapter 11 and a few other companies, as well.  It appears to me QVC is getting prepared. 

Frequent Contributor

One of my favorite designers was "BOB MACKIE".  I bought a pair of black "SILK PANTS", which I wore to death!  I am sorry I didn't buy several of them!....Who makes silk pants today?  Only for very wealthy people who can afford them!....Also, we had a "beautiful Blond Lady" whose name excapes me who was a "host" at late night shows and left for News Max.  She had class and stunning clothes on her show!  I truly miss "her".  A real "professional"!....I would like to see more of that again!

Trusted Contributor

@SweetSpice wrote:

One of my favorite designers was "BOB MACKIE".  I bought a pair of black "SILK PANTS", which I wore to death!  I am sorry I didn't buy several of them!....Who makes silk pants today?  Only for very wealthy people who can afford them!....Also, we had a "beautiful Blond Lady" whose name excapes me who was a "host" at late night shows and left for News Max.  She had class and stunning clothes on her show!  I truly miss "her".  A real "professional"!....I would like to see more of that again!

Katrina Szish

Esteemed Contributor

@Kallena wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

QVC used to be a folksy, friendly, reliable place with "boring" clothes.  In other words clothes that most people would find comfortable, wearable, attractive and will made.

Then came the Coach Bags, and the glamour makeup and the high end (well, "expensive") skin care and the stars and oh my now we're Rodeo drive and aspirational.

Most of us aspire to go to the post office during our lunch hour or get the kids to school on time.  

Most of us who watch are just folks and not wanna be's.  Your hosts are off the mark, your vision of QVC is off the mark, and your sales are off the mark.  The people at the top have lost touch with reality and with good business.   And with your customers. 

Completely agree.  I always cringe a bit when I hear a host say "this is what everyone in hollywood is wearing" or "all of the celebrities love this brand".  Am I the only one who does not care about that?  Oh sure...let me buy it right away because so and so loves it. That is not why I buy something. 

But hey, it's RED CARPET worthy.  Don't tell me you don't walk the red carpet!!?

Trees are the lungs of the Earth