Esteemed Contributor

Re: Enough is Enough....IDKWD

@RespectLife wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@RespectLife wrote:

@software wrote:

@RespectLife wrote:

Why wouldn't you expect QVC to increase programming on the lines and hosts that sell the most?

Makes perfect business sense.

Until it doesn't

Once it gets stale, the dollars go away

Then the show(s) or items or lines will go away. 

QVC tracks every little thing, colors selling, words that are working etc.  The producer is talking non-stop in their ear what to say and push.

They have stats on which items or shows are not moving.  They know exactly how many items in each category they have sold.

@RespectLife 

And yet their financil results are as stale as their programming....(and I DO flip the channel).....

@Spurt 

Down Home is a new show.  I guess they are trying new programming.  I haven't seen it yet but I imagine, if he isn't selling on that show..it will go. 

David's sales levels must be high enough where they feel to boost the financials, they should expand what is working.

Only time will tell.

------------------------

I have not been able to stick with this show to watch an entire show!!  When they start presenting items that are multi-viewed repeats or when he starts in with his numbers and colors, channel changed!

Respected Contributor

I used to enjoy ITKWD with DV but over the last year his schtick and appearance has become unwatchable; he has a great voice but I refuse to watch him on any show; MD and her ITKWM on Saturday was wonderful when it started but it has become way too wild and crazy and I no longer can watch her silliness and breathlessness; and the overdone drumbeat music is hard on the ears. SS's Monday cooking show is wonderfully programmed but I have trouble listening to her loud, strident gutteral voice.

Respected Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Too bad Ming Tsai isn't on any more - I enjoyed him.  And, is IDKWD a typo, or is it "I Don't Know [What Colors Are Left] With David?"

@ValuSkr well we know this isn't it because David gives a color update every 3 minutes so no way one will not know what colors are left with David.

Honored Contributor

@DJs mom   Well, David doesn't know until a producer whispers in his ear.  Then, and only then, he frantically goes to work removing them from view.  It's great television.  Smiley Happy

Contributor

They are making a mistake by overworking him and putting on too much ITKWD. I think they overwork many of the hosts and models. They should let them work normal hours, especially the top earners, and not mess with their biological clocks by making them work the midnight shift to launch TSVs. David will get burned out with all these shows and viewers will also get tired of him.

Trusted Contributor

@Makeda2 wrote:

They are making a mistake by overworking him and putting on too much ITKWD. I think they overwork many of the hosts and models. They should let them work normal hours, especially the top earners, and not mess with their biological clocks by making them work the midnight shift to launch TSVs. David will get burned out with all these shows and viewers will also get tired of him.

I do worry about the long hours too!  Especially when they work to launch TSVs. Chaz commented in a video he posted that he had been up for 36 hours when presenting his most recent TSV. That can't be good for one's health!!

Contributor

I agree. I like David but it is becomming too much programming in his name. I believe he is one 3 or 4 times a week. What is going on at QVC; all repeat  programming, all Josie, vacuum cleaners, cooking shows, and now they have a QVC 3. Really. I am cutting back on purchasing; getting tired of watching all the same products. Enough already,

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Watching a cooking segment with Jill tonight was like a breath of fresh air.  I like David but I'm so bored with his presentations I could scream.  They all sound just alike...just insert name of product.

@Kachina624 

How many Happy Dances in ITKWD?

Contributor

I for one, am very happy there are more ITKWD shows. Especially for those of us in pacific time who are still at work when many of the shows are on.
New Contributor

David is clearly one of their highest producing (and popular) hosts, or he wouldn't be on so much. He's a little cheesy, but I find him entertaining, whether I care about what he's selling or not. I have QVC on in the background a lot.