Honored Contributor

Re: Enough is Enough....IDKWD

@software wrote:

@RespectLife wrote:

Why wouldn't you expect QVC to increase programming on the lines and hosts that sell the most?

Makes perfect business sense.

Until it doesn't

Once it gets stale, the dollars go away

Then the show(s) or items or lines will go away. 

QVC tracks every little thing, colors selling, words that are working etc.  The producer is talking non-stop in their ear what to say and push.

They have stats on which items or shows are not moving.  They know exactly how many items in each category they have sold.

Honored Contributor

@Cats3000 wrote:

@LaneysmomHe is scheduled because he sells.  Have you forgotten that this is a TV Shopping Channel?  This isn't entertainment.  This is sales of products.  You always have the option of voting with your remote.

@Cats3000 

download (1).jpg

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RespectLife wrote:

@software wrote:

@RespectLife wrote:

Why wouldn't you expect QVC to increase programming on the lines and hosts that sell the most?

Until it doesn't

QVC tracks every little thing, colors selling, words that are working etc.  The producer is talking non-stop in their ear what to say and push.

They have stats on which items or shows are not moving.  They know exactly how many items in each category they have sold.

@RespectLife 

And yet their financial results are as stale as their programming....(and I DO flip the channel).....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

If it's not designed to be entertainment, why all the dancing?

It is absolutely designed to be entertaining.  That is a big part of the sellling.

If viewers get annoyed or sick of something, or it's boring, they don't watch.  And then, products don't get sold.

Hyacinth

Esteemed Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

I don't watch him much anyway--tired of his schtick.

--------------------

I had always enjoyed David's shows, but I am also tired of his worn out shtick!! Rarely watch anymore.....

Esteemed Contributor

Of course the shows and programming are designed to be entertainment, at least in the minds of Q executives.

I'm just surprised at how many posters haven't figured that out and still say "It's just a shopping channel".

Almost every executive in the ivory tower will disagree with that.

Honored Contributor

Isn't that what Q2 & Q3 are supposed to be -- viewing & shopping alternatives when the main channel does not interest you?

I like David very much, but I'll switch on any of the hosts if Q2 offers a better alternative to hold my interest in shopping.  [Q3 is useless for me since it's all pre-recorded and I'm not playing guessing games on what's still available or not.]  But I find myself enjoying watching Q2 more & more these days.

Honored Contributor

Too bad Ming Tsai isn't on any more - I enjoyed him.  And, is IDKWD a typo, or is it "I Don't Know [What Colors Are Left] With David?"

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@RespectLife wrote:

@software wrote:

@RespectLife wrote:

Until it doesn't

@RespectLife 

And yet their financil results are as stale as their programming....(and I DO flip the channel).....

@Spurt 

Down Home is a new show.  I guess they are trying new programming.  I haven't seen it yet but I imagine, if he isn't selling on that show..it will go. 

David's sales levels must be high enough where they feel to boost the financials, they should expand what is working.

Only time will tell.

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Too bad Ming Tsai isn't on any more - I enjoyed him.  And, is IDKWD a typo, or is it "I Don't Know [What Colors Are Left] With David?"

@ValuSkr   Perhaps it's In Da Kitchen With David??? Smiley Very Happy