Honored Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

You can buy all the same Xmas junk at biglots for cheap.  Trees....EVERYTHING, No shipping fees.....stupid to buy any of that stuff they sell on QVC.

Some folks cannot get to B&M stores but still want a few things to decorate with. Many love VPH items and they bring them joy. Many are high risk and choose not to go to stores.  It is not stupid for them to shop QVC and many  don't consider what they purchase junk.  You of course are entitled to post your opinion, this post is just thoughts on why some shop QVC Christmas. @SeaMaiden 

@mspatmac   big lot is online too. No need to go in store

@mspatmac wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

You can buy all the same Xmas junk at biglots for cheap.  Trees....EVERYTHING, No shipping fees.....stupid to buy any of that stuff they sell on QVC.

Some folks cannot get to B&M stores but still want a few things to decorate with. Many love VPH items and they bring them joy. Many are high risk and choose not to go to stores.  It is not stupid for them to shop QVC and many  don't consider what they purchase junk.  You of course are entitled to post your opinion, this post is just thoughts on why some shop QVC Christmas. @SeaMaiden 

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden @I've shopped at Big Lots. It's a fine store for snacks, beverages, unique condiments, an occasional light bulb, but as to the quality of anything else...no thank you. Their prices are cheap because the quality of their products are cheap. 

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden Calling people stupid that buy on the very forum in which you use makes no sense.  

Trusted Contributor

@Jinlei wrote:

Isn't that the truth?  They are really going overboard.  It is not even Halloween yet.  QVC is so dumb sometimes.  Customers will be sick of these shows by the end of October.  

No we won't

Trusted Contributor

@msgb wrote:

Worked many years in retail--on the floor and also behind the scenes for a catalog.

Customers were always asking when the Christmas merchandise would be coming out.

Now with the coronavirus situation going on and the need to ship to recipients and travel unknown getting holiday shopping going is somethhing that usually started before this time of year.

Michaels and Joann crafts both had Christmas and holiday items in their stores in June and July even before the pandemic timeline.

I like the Christmas shows and have the option to change the channel if I feel the need.

Absolutely perfect response.  I too love the Christmas shows and never get tired of them.  We have the rest of the year to deal the other stuff and those things are mixed in as well as it is all about decorating and gift giving and what might not be a good gift for one person is PERFECT for another.

Esteemed Contributor

@Etoile308 -- I've found a few VPH items at Big Lots.  I've bought items offered by VPH from the LTD Commodities catalog.  I see what I like on QVC, then buy elsewhere.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

I would be glad to skip December altogether. I don't like Christmas shows. Q shows the same old, same old products under the Christmas guise. I don't watch any of them.

Trusted Contributor

I am not watching the Christmas shows or any shows. I do check online though. I like to see what might be new. I am done shopping and soon will be shipping gifts out to friends and family.  All gifts are bagged and tagged.  

Valued Contributor

Our Christmas's the past several years have consisted of merry Christmas and attending mass on Christmas Eve. My wife needs nothing, I need nothing, and our kids needs nothing. If we need something or want something we go out and buy it and it doesn't have to be Christmas. On Christmas day we get on a plane and spend A month in the Caribbean.

Respected Contributor

I generally do not watch the Christmas shows. The majority of what they sell are things that would not make good gifts for my friends and family, and I don't need food, as my brother and SIL do Thanksgiving dinner and Christmas Eve dinner. Christmas Day is either spent at home  or a relative's house, and the only other holiday function I go to is my birthday group's Christmas party which we do at a local restuarant. 

I went to QVC online and purchased the drawstring gift bags (LOVE those, they make wrapping so easy) and the Philosophy lotion gift set that was on sale last month, I will divide those up between co-workers and my neighbor. It was nice to read reviews and watch the video---at least there you can skip around the parts you don't want to see. But if some people enjoy watching Christmas shows live, more power to them.