Occasional Contributor

Enjoying the less 'glammed up' hosting

[ Edited ]

I don't know about you, but I am enjoying the look of the hosts without all the over-the-top glamour.  They seem more likeable and friendly.  They are more relatable!  

How about you?  Do you agree? 

It also is a nice break from having all the guests.  Reminds me of a simpler time. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Enjoying the less 'glammed up' hosting

@Q-Girl too   A definite improvement.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes - as far as makeup goes I'm always in the camp that believes less is more appealing  no matter what the host's age is

Esteemed Contributor

I was just thinking that yesterday.  I think the hosts look more attractive!  I hate that 'black eyed' look (thick liner and eyelashes) that the hosts usually use! 

Honored Contributor

No. 

Esteemed Contributor

I was watching Colleen Lopez last night and she was talking about her not being able to get her usual acrylic nails and having to have her husband cut her hair. It made me smile since we're used to the hosts being "perfect" in so many ways.

I'm going to wind up having to cut my bangs at some point here since I was supposed to have my salon appoint for cut and color yesterday. Oh well since I'm obeying the orders in NJ and staying home, what my hair looks like is the least of my worries.

Respected Contributor

Agree they all look better with less makeup. My partner commented on how much better Jane looked and I agree.  Their makeup artists are very heavy handed.

Honored Contributor

Yes, they definitely look much better.

Honored Contributor

When we went to HD the make up got way too over the top. 

I too think they look younger and much more attractive with less MU.

Pat has never looked better IMO.

Trusted Contributor

I too am loving QVC way more now, Loving the fact that it all seems more down to earth, you know like us regular people.  I am enjoying the hosts being on air without all kinds of guests.  I know it is more work for them but back "in the day" I hate that phrase the hosts had to really learn the product to sell it.   With all the product reps, all they basically have to know is who the reps are and what they represent.  

Loving all of this.