Super Contributor

Re: Enjoying the less 'glammed up' hosting

@DREAMON wrote:

When we went to HD the make up got way too over the top. 

I too think they look younger and much more attractive with less MU.

Pat has never looked better IMO.

I agree about Pat.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree.  I love their less harsh looks.  One, though, hasn't seemed to relax her severe eye makeup. Last name rhymes with dish. I would love to see less bright green glittery eye makeup. I wonder what she would look like with just a light brownish eye.  

Valued Contributor

everyone looks so much better... healthier & younger. I never thought of their previous look as "glamorous" though. I always thought if it as garish.
Super Contributor

I agree completely. It certainly is a nice change.

Honored Contributor

@GinaV24   If we run another month with this, sure hope not, there are many videos on YouTube on cutting your own bangs...I'd go longer than they recommend...can't put the hair back. If you can, use a barrette or headband and wait. My issue has always been when I attempt a DIY bang trim is I cut sections to far into the sides instead of staying just in the middle section and/or starting too far back on the crown. Both mistakes make it difficult for the stylist to blend in without cutting length from the rest of the hair.

Honored Contributor

I hate putting anyone out of a job, especially now, but I'd prefer those makeup artists not return. Either teach them a more natural, approachable way to do the makeup or hire others that can. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Frankly if the hosts are doing their own hair, it certainly looks much much better than the hair stylists who have been doing their hair.  When Christine Zell came to QVC she had beautiful long blond hair.  BUT it did not take long for either the stylists or QVC to get to her hair, cut it, ruin it and she began to look like every other host with shoulder length stringy hair.  Now her hair looks lovely and more natural.....The only exception is JC, hair looks stringy and needs washing.  And much prefer the realistic makeup! 

Super Contributor

They are definitely more relatable friendlier looking. I like the vendors on the phone or not at all. The product and the customer should be the focus. I like the 6 ft. Distance on set. The models are left alone to do what they're trained to do. We see the product so much better. Vendors and host before we're making bad jokes and putting their hands all over the product. Dogging the camera. Rearranging the models.
Contributor

I like the more natural hair and makeup too.

Regular Contributor

yes, I agree. But .... Where is Shawn, is she sick ? Have not seen her in weeks ?