Contributor

Enjoying the Vivacious Hosts on the Q Who Make Me Smile

Kudos to the QVC hosts who are so exceptional when they are hosting a program.  They project such a terrific attitude and make me feel so much better and "normal" during this pandemic.  Every single one of them have just done exceptionally well at being so positive and giving me something to look forward to each day. I particularly enjoy the fashion and the garden shows. Jane and Susan Graver made my day happy during the last  two hour show of Susan's. Carolyn and Gary Grobin are a great twosome on Denim & Co. too. They all deserve a standing ovation for making myself and others feel a lot less bleak during this trying time. Thank You!!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Enjoying the Vivacious Hosts on the Q Who Make Me Smile

@vmli @I so agree.I have been watching more Q than I have in years just to escape.The hosts are positive and make me forget for awhile.

Trusted Contributor

I do also enjoy Jane's and others enthusiasm!

It's a wonderful diversion!!

Contributor

And they’ll shake every last coin out of your pocket.
Super Contributor

The hosts have to be cheerful and enthusiastic if they want to sell anything. There are some that I don't watch at all, but I won't name names. That said, I stopped watching shows from beginning to end when Lisa Robertson left.

Respected Contributor

David's my fave. Like watching ITKWD and DHWD.

Trusted Contributor

@QVCJH wrote:

The hosts have to be cheerful and enthusiastic if they want to sell anything. There are some that I don't watch at all, but I won't name names. That said, I stopped watching shows from beginning to end when Lisa Robertson left.

I miss Lisa's shows as well!

Valued Contributor

I find this shows much more enjoyable when they just have one host on at a time, I don't mind Pat and Dan they don't present the same item at the same time etc. same as other shows where you need to people but they are not on the same item at the same time, like Kristen and Albirtie. But I am really tired and do not miss the extended p.m. styles with a group of hosts, And the evening shows that have women sitting on sofas.

Honored Contributor

@KACEE1115   I agree 100%.  I also noticed in just the most recent couple of gourmet shows, Alberti and Rachel are now separate for their food presentations.  Before, they would stand at either ends of a table, but in my opinion it was still too close (especially since Rachel has a bad habit anyway of encroaching far too close over every item she presents).  So much better now.

There was never any real need of a social media host in every show, in my opinion. I always felt that the main host treated the 2nd host or social media host like a flunky or assistant.   Always trying to maintain that "I'm the star here" perception.  As much as some liked Shawn and Antonella's Dare to Share shows together, I despised how Shawn talked to Antonella most of the time.  It made me uncomfortable, so I stopped watching.  They remarked that they were just kidding, but quite a few complained about it on their social media pages. 

I think most hosts have stepped up their hosting skills admirably.  They have to really do their homework thoroughly now, and remember most all of the specifications of the item, as well as the sales information.  I think they are doing great, for the most part.

There's only one who still sells primarily based on her image, and yelling, "I love this!!," or "Isn't this great?!!" 

Honored Contributor

Re: Enjoying the Vivacious Hosts on the Q Who Make to the Me Smile

[ Edited ]

@Caaareful Shopper 

ITA!!! I think Dan & Pat are one of the few exceptions regarding dual hosts, they work very well together. Especially if its a conglomeration and variety of different products like the Sunday Morning Q Show---Pat is there to present the beauty products and women's clothing....although with Dan's sense of humor it might be kinda interesting to see what he would say and do---Woman LOL And Dan is there to present products he has a special passion for, they just fit together personality wise and product wise...... 

But most of the part the pairings are AWFUL---I think the combo of Kerstin & Alberti lacks chemistry....and so does David & Stacey---Mary D. is a better fit with David....And I don't like Rachel & Alberti on the food shows either.... I find the social media hosts unnecessary but I bet QVC thinks this makes the shows more appealing to the younger demographic....(which it probably doesn't based on Forum comments).....

And your so right....without the vendors these solo hosts must step up their game, do the homework, and know their products---a RUDE AWAKENING for some that prefer silliness and personal chatter to presenting the merchandise.....

But there are a few hosts that are just plain boring, they go through the motions without displaying any real interest or enthusiam for the products...they even interrupt the vendor that is phoned or skyped in....its like they are just trying to hurry up and get the show over with.....With solo hosts you can really differentiate the "true professionals" that like their job, from the "pretenders" (I took this job for the money and it shows).....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”