Honored Contributor

@Plain Ann   I dislike the hosts using celebrities names to sell items.   It turns me away from buying instead of encouraging me to buy.  JMO

Honored Contributor

I think it's different if a celebrity does a commercial and appears with the product or is in a magazine endorsing the product.  For QVC/HSN hosts to just toss the names in with the products doesn't appeal to me at all.   

Honored Contributor

Re: Endorsements

[ Edited ]

Celebrity endorsements don't impress me at all!!!!  I don't care what Oprah or an actor or singer likes or endorses or for thàt matter just because they're from California ....😒  It's a big turn off to me...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

Susan Graver name dropped during her presentation this morning in between interrupting Pat.  Hosts and vendors seem to do has a sales ploy- if a celeb wears or likes something, then its something we should and like it too.

Honored Contributor

Re: Endorsements

[ Edited ]

@qbetzforreal wrote:

Susan Graver name dropped during her presentation this morning in between interrupting Pat.  Hosts and vendors seem to do has a sales ploy- if a celeb wears or likes something, then its something we should and like it too.

@qbetzforreal 

There was a time when Hollywood epitomized style and glamour and set the fashion trends...Not so much any more..I dont think a celeb's name has the influence it once did..

And many of us realize some celebs put their name on something for extra ca$h or for publicity without even knowing much about the product...I remember on a talk show when a host mentioned the celeb's new perfume and the celeb asked the host to spray some on her her so she could know what it smelled like...animated-smileys-rolleyes-10.gif

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

No, in fact if its endorsed by a so called celebrity it turns me off and I do not buy.  I could give a rats behind about celebrities.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

I recall when Oprah was touted for Philosophy`s Hope in the Jar and it was sooooo secret as to who endorsed it. This went on for years...LOL

Valued Contributor

@Imaoldhippie I couldn't agree with you more.  People are so gullible to think that millionaires like Tom Selleck or Robert Wagner are going out and getting reverse mortgages.  OW may let her name be used for BD and others but I'm pretty sure when she steps out to a big function she's not wearing anything designed by SG or LR or LG.

Honored Contributor

It's ok with me if it's the celebs product, but just because a celeb wears, reads or uses certain products does not impress me. People have their idols though, so what ever floats your boat.LOL

Trusted Contributor

@Plain Ann wrote:

Just wondered why the need to use a celebrity's name to sell Barefoot Dreams or any other product.. I'm sure it sells on its own. I feel the celebrity should be compensated if they do so.  Does anyone else agree or buy because they use her name?

Using Oprah as a selling point is a nonstarter for me.