Esteemed Contributor

Wow, thread closing is becoming the norm around here. The most interesting ones to read, which I have been following for several days or more are shut down for additional comment. So much for stimulating, vivacious, adult, mature and interactive discussion; good-bye. Back to trite, banal and mundane. Nothing wrong with those things for sure, but why shut down any semblance of discussion? None of those threads had any posts that included namecalling or threats or anything banned. Just adult disagreement so far as I read them.

Valued Contributor

Re: End of Discussion--Period.

I barely even read here any more.

I feel like I'm back in kindergarten here.
Can't say a word that doesn't get bleeped or poofed!
It's just boring and dull now.

I'm almost sure this will get poofed too! LOL

That's how we roll in the shire..
Honored Contributor

On 11/21/2014 Johnnyeager said:

Wow, thread closing is becoming the norm around here. The most interesting ones to read, which I have been following for several days or more are shut down for additional comment. So much for stimulating, vivacious, adult, mature and interactive discussion; good-bye. Back to trite, banal and mundane. Nothing wrong with those things for sure, but why shut down any semblance of discussion? None of those threads had any posts that included namecalling or threats or anything banned. Just adult disagreement so far as I read them.

ITA.

Honored Contributor

I don't know what to think.

If we see a closed thread, sometimes it's a highly sanitized version of the original thing.

We don't know what went on unless we were reading/posting minute-to-minute. On some threads I've seen recently, a couple of (or several) posters start picking at one another, their posts continue to be deleted, and I think finally the moderator decides it's too much trouble to keep editing the thread. It's been suggested some posters even do this on purpose, to get a thread closed or removed.

I've seen complaints about moderation since I started posting here in 2010, and I'm not convinced much of anything has changed. Although I do recall having seen some blistering, incredibly hate-filled late-night threads{#emotions_dlg.crying} in Viewpoints years ago, and thankfully I've seen none of those recently.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

It's happening for one reason.....people don't act like semi-reasonable adults. Someone's feelings get hurt because another disagrees with them, taking it personally instead of just someone else's opinion, them whining about it to webbie. People just need to grow up.

Respected Contributor

I enjoy the discussions on current events. Unfortunately they are not allowed. We all have to remember that the sole purpose of these blogs is to sell merchandise. Every thing else is extraneous.
Esteemed Contributor

I agree that the main reason for these forums is for the benefit of QVC -- whatever that might be. But the adult debates and discussions are what keep a lot of us coming back here. If it weren't for the boards, I would seldom have QVC up on my computer. And it's also seldom on my TV unless it's a particular show that I want to see.

When I'm on here and posting, as long as what's going on holds my interest, I stay for a while, sometimes I have the live feed on at the same time so I can hear what's on, and I may flip over to see a particular product. Also, on the fashion forum or kitchen forum, also For the Home, sometimes I read about an item and I look it up... and I may buy.

I haven't been posting much at all lately for various reasons, and the less I post and/or read, the less I have any contact with QVC. So let them moderate to their hearts' content -- poof and close threads, delete people's posts, and they will see the number of people here on a regular basis dwindle -- which will definitely NOT benefit QVC. Just my two cents...

Valued Contributor

kittymomNC, very well written, and that's exactly my point of
view also..
If I want sweet and cute, I'll read Mother Goose!

Valued Contributor

Sorry, double post!{#emotions_dlg.blush}

Honored Contributor

Sorry, dupe, you know, website issues... again... Interesting isn't it that THOSE they can't fix...?

But since it appears my duped post went away, let me just reiterate my suggestion that we avail ourselves of another spoonful of pablum... and can I just say that upon review, I don't see where so suggesting is a breach of standards...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...