Valued Contributor

Is it me?  I do everything that Megan recommends and this thing just doesn't seem to work for me.  I think that I've bought 3 now thinking maybe it was the epilator.  I still end up using a tweezer and within days the hair is back!  I can't stand it?  Any suggestions?  And please be nice.  Thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

I know what you're saying....but I do remember that they say every hair has a different growing cycle....ugh......

Trusted Contributor

It took me several months of using mine weekly before I got ahead of the growth.  It seems the hair follicles produce at different rates.   I hold my skin taunt and go in small circular motions to get hairs growing in different directions.  I have had mine about 6 years so I don't know how the newer ones work.  My underarms show hardly any sign of ever having hair.  The hair on my legs now is very light.  I do them every 3-4 weeks.   I do my chin and lips weekly as the area is so tender and I go over lightly.  The hair there is very short and no longer dark but you do see it in the sun.  I do not try to remove the lip hairs completely because to me no hair there at all does not look natural.  I do check frequently because I never know when a "dark board bristle" is going to come out of no where.   There are just 3 but I would be embarrassed if they were seen.  They will not "die".   Also my unit has a light on it and that is great as I can see exactly where I am working, no shadows.    I don't ever hear Megan mention a light.  I hope mine lasts forever.  I think I got it from QVC.

Honored Contributor

There are a number of us who like this razor.  It's painless, can be used wet or dry, is rechargeable and cheap.  Hold a charge for a long time.  This is from Amazon.  I use it every 2-3 days.   From Amazon. 

Screenshot_20170708-215731.jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Yes, I still have to use my tweezer, too.  Mainly the corners of my lips.  

Honored Contributor

I think it depends somewhat on what area. I bought it for my face and neck, and there are a few hairs on my lower chin and my neck that it never, ever gets. OTOH, when I pay someone to wax the same area, they still need to tweeze oddball hairs. So I've come to the conclusion there are some spots nothing but tweezers will get. 

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

I've had mine for a little over a year.At first I was frustrated but I stuck with it.I'm glad I did.Over time you will get ahead of the growth,as stated by a previous poster.You will find yourself using it less often overall.The hair will grow in sparser.Different areas will grow at various rates.Eventually it will come together.

I use to shave 2-3 times a week.Now I epilate my legs about every 3 weeks.I do my underarms about every 4 weeks.For me the epilator is liberating.It was definitely worth the initial effort.

Trusted Contributor

I must be doing something wrong, too, because the pain when I use it on my moustache area is intense! I know this is a delicate area with many nerve endings, but yowza! Waxing is actually less painful IMHO. I can't even imagine trying it on the underarms. Does any poster here use a numbing product that they could recommend? Back in the day I used the coil-type Epilady on my legs with excellent results. I remember the pain diminishing with regular use. I should have kept at it.

dee

Valued Contributor

Thank you to all of you for your responses. I guess I'll continue to try the epilator; maybe a little more patience is called for. And if I don't get the results I'm looking for I'll look into @Kachina624's suggestion. Thanks again. 

Honored Contributor

My son uses this on his nose and chest and he uses it about every 3 weeks and he has some heavy duty hair.LOL He's been epilating for about 2 years.