Honored Contributor

Re: Email with Dan Hughes Video

@catter70    I understand, but the people in that area need jobs.  The steel mills and other manufacturing plants for blue collar workers have closed up over the past years and the area was getting blighted with empty buildings and eye sores.

It doesn't take long for people to leave for jobs and a town to go down hill.  Poor Johnstown took a beating. It's really sad.

I am happy there are new jobs available in the LV area.  Allentown, Easton and Bethlehem are beautiful places and I would like them to stay that way.  That area is rich in the arts and has wonderful resturants.  I am happy to see it is still thriving.

Esteemed Contributor

Unfortunately, Quarte will be closing 3 facilities , Lancaster, Roanoke and Greenville, TN eliminating a total of 1,725 jobs once the Bethlehem site is fully operational.  

Qurate says Bethlehem will hire 1200-1500 when fully in place, but doesn't appear to have done much hiring yet:  From an article on the new facility:

"For now, however, it appears those hiring efforts are in a fledgling state. The company has seven open positions in Bethlehem listed on its website, and Nancy Dischinat, executive director of Workforce Board Lehigh Valley, said her organization is “working and outreaching at the pace the company prefers for the time being.”

Honored Contributor

I never got it it... regular email or spam folder

Respected Contributor

@NicksmomESQ Totally agree with your comment.

Regarding the three closing warehouses and Human Resources they employ, they should be offered positions in the PA warehouse even if they don’t provide relocation expenses. It’s the right thing that the company should do. If this is done, I truly hope the people offered these positions seriously consider relocating for the sake of having a job.
Honored Contributor

Making this video about expediting shipping and thanking us for being "loyal" customers was a very good move.

Super Contributor

Yup, i agree. "Dedicated" customers was nice terminology for them to use and I did like that they thanked us.

Honored Contributor

I didn't receive the e-mail/video.

Esteemed Contributor

It is nice to be recognized as loyal customers, to those of us that are. Eventually, we will benefit from all of the sacrifices and changes. I am so looking forward to it-and the after Christmas sales.😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

There are better ways to thank us besides gloating over a facility.  How about a percentage discount like HSN does?  My email went straight to trash.

Valued Contributor

@catter70 wrote:

The Lehigh Valley, Pa. has turned into one gigantic warehouse in the last few years. We are a skip, hop  and a jump from major highways Wish they would go find somewhere else to build now. 

@catter70 

hate to be the one to say this because you like the area, but i suspect that there will be more warehouses in the area. in addition to the reason you stated, land and salaries are also way less there, then most places, the bulk of shoppers are on the east coast, pa isn't known for having hurricanes, tornado's etc, and lets not forget that pa is relatively close to major ports.