Contributor

So Shawn made a passing comment that Elise has moved on.  True?  I always liked her.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Elise Ivy gone?

[ Edited ]

Elise is not gone.  It was an unfortunate choice of words by Shawn that caused unnecessary confusion.

So what happened to Elise? - Blogs & Forums (qvc.com)

Honored Contributor

Shawn made a big deal over it, her lack of having a sidekick. Even said they are advertising for a new person, but so far she is having to go it alone. 

Regular Contributor

Elise one of my favorite hosts...always prepared and professional....should not be anyone's sidekick.  If Shawn has issues hosting by herself then can't understand why she is on so much.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lisamartha 

No, Elise is moving to a new show ....

Shawn kinda mis-spoke and mislead people--- here's a video where Elise says she's been getting a lot of questions on leaving QVC but thats not true...she's moving to a show on Sundays on Q2....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XELEJDDCojM

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

If she will be on Q2 on Sundays, i cant understand why she cant be on with Shawn on Fri nights, not a conflict. We dont get Q2 on Comcast. I hope I still get to see her, I enjoy her, she is so cute and sweet. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shelbelle wrote:

If she will be on Q2 on Sundays, i cant understand why she cant be on with Shawn on Fri nights, not a conflict. We dont get Q2 on Comcast. I hope I still get to see her, I enjoy her, she is so cute and sweet. 

@Shelbelle 

One option is you can watch it from your phone, computer, or tablet, just click SHOP QVC TV in the upper right hand corner and select the Q Channel you want to watch...

Its not just the on air time that you have to consider as being part of the QVC host's job......There have been interviews with QVC hosts and there was even a Blog Series here on the Forum called "A Day In The Life Of A QVC host" were several hosts described their work week......  They have to attend Production Meetings for each show, and then also meet with vendors to learn about the products they will be presenting...They have to go to their on-site Q office to read company emails and such from their "bosses".....they have to keepup and post on their QVC social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram etc) and interact with viewers....so its more involved than just showing up on-air for a couple hours....Some also serve as a Social Media Chat Host in addition to their own show....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle   The hosts have two days off a week.  David just recently said his days off are Mondays and Tuesdays. 

The days we don't see the hosts, they are doing homework for their shows, having hosts meetings, or doing special projects.  Sometimes those take all day.  This past Saturday, David filmed four separate videos for QVC's Youtube channel, demonstrating different recipes.  He explained this during his latest Coffee Talk on his social media page.  

Respected Contributor

WOW......Shawn better watch how she says things or her "patootie" may be the next one suddenly out the door.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

---------------

I think Elise is a much better host than Shawn..not so silly, knows her products and gets the info out! 

And when I have seen Shawn alone - not often - she works so much better!  No one to get silly with...