Honored Contributor

Re: Elise Ivy Announces Departure from QVC

@Gkhm wrote:

Thank you for replying...she didn't sound that way when talking to Gary Goban this morning.  
I hope you're right… Everyone should do what they have to do.  I wish her well.

@Gkhm   You're welcome. Smiley Happy

I imagine it's very difficult to get into life details while she is still on the clock working and selling QVC merchandise.  Elise appropriately kept it very brief with Gary..

Her Instagram Live was on her own personal page and she was able to leisurely discuss it and give far more details.

Regular Contributor

I too enjoy Elise. I've read all the responses to the initiating thread. Can't we just be happy for Elise and not always add your two cents as to why she should rethink giving up her career and other doom and gloom that may befall her.  Life is too short. Just be happy for her.  

Honored Contributor

@KKlim   She was also on the main channel. Before wall to wall Christmas shows started she had a beauty show on the main channel Tuesday mornings.

Regular Contributor

I am very happy for Elise and wish her all the best in this next chapter of her life.

She is such a professional and I am sure she will be truly amazing in her next role.

I will miss her and I hope QVC knows what they are losing.  

Respected Contributor

She's obviously being let go- I'm surprised that Sandra hasn't been because she is barely on air. I have to say that I find this to be ridiculous! Elise is SOOOOOO much better than most of the QVC hosts (certainly better than every new one!). They never took advantage of her strengths! Elise was always scheduled early morning or overnight or on Q2- What a waste! I think that she is adorable and I loved Alberti and Elise together.  

Respected Contributor

Of course, she was let go! THey are letting her finish out 2021.

Respected Contributor

I think people forget that there's not just "fired" and "quit." Some hosts have left at their end of their contract because QVC declined to give them a raise or better hours with a new contract.

Honored Contributor

@MaverDaver wrote:

I too enjoy Elise. I've read all the responses to the initiating thread. Can't we just be happy for Elise and not always add your two cents as to why she should rethink giving up her career and other doom and gloom that may befall her.  Life is too short. Just be happy for her.  

This is a forum where different opinions and discussions takes place.  You can't expect all unicorns and rainbows on a forum.

Valued Contributor

I will miss Elise as a host because she was professional, friendly (but not talking about herself the whole time), detailed, calm, and appeared genuine. Sadly, I am shocked at how many people think her decision to follow HER heart is a bad decision, or that a recent commenter said she was immature.  Women get married (or move in with a SO) much later in life these days and actually many don't even get married, because who is to say how they should live their life? She obviously felt ready to make a huge step in her OWN life.  She will have a great support team with her parents there, so let her live her own life.  

Three weeks plus is plenty of notice to give to a company regarding a resignation. Most places are two weeks notice.  Being "short" while talking to Gary from D&C could be because she has seemed to wear her heart on her sleeve and she an emotionally expressive person.  I recall not that long ago this year, on her Tuesday morning beauty show, when Courtney Cason finally was able to present Givenchy with her, she was so happy Elise had tears in her eyes because they were best friends and she missed her at work.  Best of luck to you Elise.

Esteemed Contributor

Some of the people are so mean on here.   This was HER decision.  She was NOT let go.    Be happy for her and wish her well instead of assuming she was let go!   The Hosts that are let go, just vanish.  There is no two week notice.   Jeeze  Grow up people