Respected Contributor

Re: Eliminate Customer calls in presentations...

By far the funniest call I ever heard, this was years and years ago was with Steve (remember him?) and a lady blah blahed on and on and finally wrapped it up with "well gotta go now" and we heard the toilet flush. Priceless.

Respected Contributor

I dont like the calls. I usually change the channals but if Im doing something and a caller is talking I cant help but hear it. There are 3 types of callers I dislike:

1: The caller who gushes over the host and product and goes on and on.

2: The dead air caller. The host litterly has to ask the caller what they bought, have they tried the product, etc.

3: They caller who goes on and on and doesn't get the hint, even when the host as tried to say goodbye, but has one last thing to say.

I think in my mind, dont you get it, they want you off the phone now, they dont want to hear about your friends friend Aunt Martha who had a scar on her neck and Josies Argon oil made it fade away in a week and now her neck is younger then her friends friend!

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Honored Contributor

Or when the caller says to say hi to David or another host and the current host  says they will tell him (or whatever host).  Yes, I'm sure they will remember when they see the person four days later to say that Jean from CO said to say hi.    

Contributor

@hsawaknow wrote:

I dont like the calls. I usually change the channals but if Im doing something and a caller is talking I cant help but hear it. There are 3 types of callers I dislike:

1: The caller who gushes over the host and product and goes on and on.

2: The dead air caller. The host litterly has to ask the caller what they bought, have they tried the product, etc.

3: They caller who goes on and on and doesn't get the hint, even when the host as tried to say goodbye, but has one last thing to say.

I think in my mind, dont you get it, they want you off the phone now, they dont want to hear about your friends friend Aunt Martha who had a scar on her neck and Josies Argon oil made it fade away in a week and now her neck is younger then her friends friend!

Lol! That sums it up @hsawaknow !

Frequent Contributor

Nataliesgramma - agreed, the second a caller starts yacking, mute goes the TV.

Regular Contributor

Did anyone hear the caller during Mary’s show today? Lisa LaSorte was on with a Temptations item and a lady called in to comment about it. I don’t remember where she was from. She started popping off and complaining about Tara not creating a Jewish themed line. She said several times that she wanted to know why the line hadn’t been created yet. Mary and Lisa handled it well, but it was very embarrassing. I told my husband that was a perfect example as to why they should stop customers from calling in.
Honored Contributor

@Bandwife23 wrote:
Did anyone hear the caller during Mary’s show today? Lisa LaSorte was on with a Temptations item and a lady called in to comment about it. I don’t remember where she was from. She started popping off and complaining about Tara not creating a Jewish themed line. She said several times that she wanted to know why the line hadn’t been created yet. Mary and Lisa handled it well, but it was very embarrassing. I told my husband that was a perfect example as to why they should stop customers from calling in.

@Bandwife23 Holy Moly!!!!  Your post just reminded me of one from years ago!

Jewelry vendor was one with someone (don't ask me the name of the host...I haven't seen their face in some time). Was visiting my mom and she had the show on. The item for sale was a cross necklace...I THINK it was gold and Diamonique or maybe gold with real diamonds....not sure. I remember the cross though. And that's because a woman called in and initially said how wonderful the quality of jewelry the line was BUT...in a loud and angry tone she said "AND WHY DON'T YOU MAKE IT IN THE STAR OF DAVID?!" I mean, she was NOT happy. The vendor and the host graciously tried to steer her onto something else/say goodbye but NOT before she got in the last zinger: That the only reason she agreed to talk was to make sure that corporate got the message since letters don't do anything.

"Oh, looks like we lost her" said the host and they moved on. My mom and I were rolling with laughter.

Honored Contributor

All of your funny and embarrassing examples are precisely why I enjoy the on air phone calls!  🤣

Honored Contributor

Those ones yesterday-Silver Day were  pretty bad. However,the ones on St. Paddy's Day are even worse when all tells us they have Irish heritage.

Regular Contributor

@Sahmlam,

YEP!! That’s how the lady from today sounded/acted. She started off nice, but it was like a switch flipped! She got snappy really fast and was almost demanding Lisa to tell her why that particular line hadn’t been made. At one point she also said that they(Temptations reps) always talk about other holidays, but never Jewish ones. She said there’s a lot of Jewish fans of TT, so they should get mentions as well. As I said, it was embarrassing. Since she obviously had the main “beef” with Tara, you’d think she would have waited for her to be on and not clown on Lisa.