Respected Contributor

Re: Eliminate Customer calls in presentations...

Of topic somewhat, but the discussion of lonely callers who share illnesses, loss of loved ones, etc. on phone calls does make me sad for them, even if I don’t care to hear it. Too bad some of these obviously lonely callers can’t be paired up so they call each other, at least they could share their love of QVC. I know, I know, not realistic as scams would soon follow. But it seems there are a lot of lonely people living on their own who find QVC to be reliable company. Maybe there should be an 800 chat line for qvc fans...carry on...

Frequent Contributor

I watch a lot of QVC and I, too, am turned off by the callers.  I frequently mute it or turn the channel. I've noticed that hearing the callers sometimes makes me NOT want to purchase the item.  I think it is an old practice that used to be exciting for callers to be "on-air", but I don't think that is still the case.  I've never talked "on-air" in my 30+ years of watching/purchasing.  

I've also noticed that on Evine, they don't talk very long to their callers.  No long drawn out good byes either, which is more appealing to me.  They just cut the call off appropriately after a few exchanges. Maybe this practice could be tried, if dropping the calls altogether isn't in the plans?

Honored Contributor

Originally when a customer used to call in, there were no vendors on the shows, just a host. The calls served a better purpose back then. It was hard for a host to carry a 3-hour show by herself, so she (or he) welcomed the "company" of a caller to converse with, to break up the monotony of the host's monologue.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

QVC should eliminate calls. Many times they are just plain uncomfortable.

Respected Contributor

When I use to watch QVC I would cringe when someone called in. A lot of them tell their whole life story instead of talking about the product.

Respected Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

ITA. And then there are the callers on ST. Patricks Day telling us they have Irish ancestry.

Or the skin care ones that say they are 88 and look 16.

Just eliminate the calls. All of them

🤣 bahahaaaaa....SO TRUE.....might be the argon oil ... this was funny! I think some sound alike...same person, different time/product.... 🤥..and they love, love, love the host (usually not the popular ones).... they go on for 15 minutes.

That gal who called in about the Sleep Number bed who bought theirs 11 years ago and had great things to say to buy it now !! 🙄 Oh brother.....

Got to agree with many posts here...... some are in the hospital about to go into surgery or at the funeral service but had to call in and they cry....... very odd....then the Vendor+Host tear up.....😕 

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Respected Contributor

@cbrite wrote:

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

ITA. And then there are the callers on ST. Patricks Day telling us they have Irish ancestry.

🤣 bahahaaaaa....SO TRUE.....might be the argon oil ... this was funny! I think some sound alike...same person, different time/product.... 🤥..and they love, love, love the host (usually not the popular ones).... they go on for 15 minutes.

That gal who called in about the Sleep Number bed who bought theirs 11 years ago and had great things to say to buy it now !! 🙄 Oh brother.....

Got to agree with many posts here...... some are in the hospital about to go into surgery or at the funeral service but had to call in and they cry....... very odd....then the Vendor+Host tear up.....😕 

That reminds me...I’ve heard callers who were still groggy from surgery but had to buy that fry pan.

Respected Contributor

@SunValley Your comment was so sweet... but Q is not their real friend... I sort of agree with you......😌

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Respected Contributor

@SunValley wrote:

@cbrite wrote:

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

That reminds me...I’ve heard callers who were still groggy from surgery but had to buy that fry pan.

YESSSSS exactly !!! 😁

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Esteemed Contributor

Phone-in testimonials are about as relevant as a carny barker.