Respected Contributor

Re: Eliminate Customer calls in presentations...

I remember many years ago a caller telling Isaac how the EMT's had to cut her clothing off of her when she was rushed to the hospital. She was wearing one of Isaac's outfits. Isaac felt bad for her and told the producers to get her information so he could send her some free clothing.

I now change the channel when they take a phone call. Sometimes I remember to come back to QVC, sometimes I don't. 

Respected Contributor

This topic has been discussed here for years.  Most people hate the calls, but the Q keeps on using them. There must be a study that shows the calls are beneficial or they wouldn't continue.  I am with the majority on this topic;  stop the calls! 

Respected Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

ITA. And then there are the callers on ST. Patricks Day telling us they have Irish ancestry.

Or the skin care ones that say they are 88 and look 16.

Just eliminate the calls. All of them

HaHa, Yes I am part Irish, also 85. Started a new skin care I got off of these blogs. I love it, Cera VE, I love the way it has helped my creepy skin, but I still look 85. I never talk on the air, even when they ask, and I sure don't need attention. But bless the 88 year old who thinks she looks 16.

Trusted Contributor

I hate the "Hi (insert host name), you're my favorite!"  Instant mute or channel change.  Don't really care what Myrna, from New Jersey (insert state), has to say!!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I don't care one way or the other.   It's QVC's channel ... they can do whatever they want.

Trusted Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I don't care one way or the other.   It's QVC's channel ... they can do whatever they want.

Yes, yes they can do whatever they want and we don't have to tune in either.  It seems like such an antiquated thing to do. If they're trying to switch things up to younger hosts and reach a larger audience, this seems so "25 years" ago.

Valued Contributor

I have a feeling that the customers who call in to give testimonials also call in to a live rep to place their orders instead of ordering online.  Both of these activities give them a captive audience to whom they can brag about all the purchases they've made.  "I have six of these Dyson vacuums but I need to order three more to give to friends and neighbors".  " I have twenty of these Kitchen Aid mixers but I like the new colors so I'm ordering three more."

Honored Contributor

I don’t trust or need a caller’s recommendation of a product any more than I purchase based on a review online.

Some things just never change even if viewers voice their opinions.

Trusted Contributor

@Nataliesgramma Every now and then , I hear one that is amusing but most often they grate on my nerves. I have even heard callers ask where relatives of the host live or go to college like that would really be pertinent to the caller or product. 

But mostly the ones I do not care for our women that start telling their plight of health issues or loosing their spouse. I am sorry for their trouble but just find myself really disliking those calls.

Esteemed Contributor

A couple times in the past week, I've heard callers where the hosts had to coax one word answers out of them.  Don't find anything helpful or entertaining about that, it's just cringe worthy, and I usually either mute the tv or change the channel.