Esteemed Contributor

My experience living in the Southwest and in South America...everyone hugs everyone as a 'hello' and 'goodby'.  Sometimes there is a kiss on the cheek, but if you know  someone...relative or friend - you will get hugged.  It is not as common when meeting someone for the first time though...

Recently I have seen the elbow touch and just yesterday saw, the toe touch.  Certainly better methods during these days...

Honored Contributor

I totally agree with all that posted that they never did like all the kissing, it was never necessary or a good idea.  Can't believe QVC hasn't received more complaints about it.  Good time to stop now.  A verbal greeting is all that is needed and less annnoying to viewers.  "Hello, welcome to QVC.  Nice to see you."  

Trusted Contributor

@MoonieBaby wrote:

All the HUGGING and KISSING of NONFAMILY members of people SELLING GOODS; is simply sickening to me.

How and why this was able to happen in the first place is the REAL question...

I agree 100%.  Some hosts want you to think every vendor is their best friend.  I think that is why the kissing and hugging started back in the day.  

Valued Contributor
I'm glad to see they stopped all the PDA, it was a little much, Basso in particular. And why do the hosts, who are clearly sick, come to work to spread it?! Stay home!!! Shame on you Q if you don't advise people to stay home when they're I'll!! Support your staff!!
Valued Contributor

Hugs and cheek kisses between host and vendors has never bothered me. Just that small display of PDA makes me feel like I am joining 'friends' for a conversation. Showing warmth and kindness to each other is not a bad thing in my book.