Honored Contributor

I have been using Ebates & ShopAtHome for years and have been happy with both.  However, there's something I have never been clear on probably because I rarely use EZpay.  When using EZpay do you get the rebate on the entire purchase price or just the first installment.  Thanks.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

I have been using Ebates & ShopAtHome for years and have been happy with both.  However, there's something I have never been clear on probably because I rarely use EZpay.  When using EZpay do you get the rebate on the entire purchase price or just the first installment.  Thanks.

i dont use shopathome, but with ebates you get the rebate on the entire purchase price, unless you decide to return it.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

I use Upromise instead of Ebates.  When I opted for Easy Pay on my purchase I receive credit for the entire purchase not just the first easy pay amount.

Honored Contributor

THANKS!

Respected Contributor

Re: Ebates Question

[ Edited ]

@Icegoddess you get the rebates bonus on the amount that is charged to your credit card, so if it's 4 EZ pays, you will get the percent based on each amount each month. 

For example, if the entire cost is $100 for the item, and the first month installment is $25, then you get the percentage on the $25, but get it each time another charge is made against your credit card until the EZ pay balance is paid off. 

EDITED - ugh, I just realized that is is NOT correct - see my later post - you get the ebates rebate on the entire amount up front, regardless of easy pay.  

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

Yeah, I didn't expect they would give me the rebate for the entire amount up front if I'm paying in installments.

Honored Contributor

I'm surprised that is the way Ebates works.  I use Ebates, but not easy pay.  I know on auto-delivery you only get the Ebates rebate on the first shipment.  (Of course many times I don't even get a second shipment!)

Honored Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

I'm surprised that is the way Ebates works.  I use Ebates, but not easy pay.  I know on auto-delivery you only get the Ebates rebate on the first shipment.  (Of course many times I don't even get a second shipment!)

if i buy a $100 item on 4 easy payments, i get the rebate totally up front on $100......not $25 each month. there would be no way for ebates to keep track of that.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 @Icegoddess  Oops - sorry, I stand corrected.  You are correct and they pay the Ebates on the entire amount of the item, regardless of EZ pay!

I was confusing Ebates with my rewards cash back from a credit card. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

Okay, thanks.  Good either way.  I think I had it confused with Auto-Delivery which was why I thought you might only get it on the 1st payment.

To whomever mentioned they wouldn't be able to keep up with payments, I don't know why not since they are able to keep up with returns.