Trusted Contributor
On 9/16/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:

Ya know, they could help the employees out and not annoy so many customers if they'd train them to say, wait, let me talk to my Supervisor .... and if they can't break the rule, at least it appears that they "tried" to get the EP for you .... {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

I think this is a bit unrealistic. Most phone agents take 100+ calls per day. Considering most call center teams have 15 or more agents reporting to a supervisor this would give the supervisor very little time to do coaching, monitoring training, administrative work, and deal with legitimate issues.

QVC has policies for a reason, and expecting them to "cave" on demand only trains shoppers to ask for supervisors whenever they get answers they do not like. This results in longer handling time, requiring more agents, requiring more supervisors and managers, costing more money, and ultimately raising prices. Having worked as a call center workforce analyst for years, I cringe whenever I see people wanting to get supervisors involved -- many if whom can do no more than the front-line agent.

Valued Contributor
On 9/17/2014 KYToby said:
On 9/16/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:

Ya know, they could help the employees out and not annoy so many customers if they'd train them to say, wait, let me talk to my Supervisor .... and if they can't break the rule, at least it appears that they "tried" to get the EP for you .... {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

I think this is a bit unrealistic. Most phone agents take 100+ calls per day. Considering most call center teams have 15 or more agents reporting to a supervisor this would give the supervisor very little time to do coaching, monitoring training, administrative work, and deal with legitimate issues.

QVC has policies for a reason, and expecting them to "cave" on demand only trains shoppers to ask for supervisors whenever they get answers they do not like. This results in longer handling time, requiring more agents, requiring more supervisors and managers, costing more money, and ultimately raising prices. Having worked as a call center workforce analyst for years, I cringe whenever I see people wanting to get supervisors involved -- many if whom can do no more than the front-line agent.

You didn't even have to mention you worked in a call center, I could tell by your post that you spent some time being "annoyed" by people. Supervisors are there to help and I don't know anyone who, in their lifetime, hasn't asked for additional help (which, by the way, is one of the "legitimate issues" you reference in your post). I dare anyone to tell me I'm not entitled to bring whatever issue I'm having to a "higher authority" because they have paper or administrative work to do.

Unless each CS agent has a time limit on how many minutes they have to "get a customer off the line" then each customer is important enough to give them whatever time it takes to resolve the customer's issue...customer service 101. I neither like nor appreciate anyone saying "oh, look at the time, gotta go". Of course QVC has policies for a reason but perhaps they should take a page from other online retailers like Lands End or Eddie Bauer or even Kohl's where you'll find that CS reps often "bend" the rules to help a customer, it's not caving, it's called making the customer happy. "Caving" does not turn us into a bunch of trained seals learning how to ask for more fish and getting our wish, only ask for more and more fish, we're customers, and as such we deserve the dignity of some consideration, be that the end result may not be what we hoped for, but deserving of that consideration nevertheless.

Having said all this, I totally get where you're coming from because although I never worked CS retail, I was a real estate broker for years. There are some customers you just can't please and knowing when that time came, I voluntarily turned them over to my manager for additional help. In addition to selling, I also managed so for as many years as I was on one side of the desk, I was on the other and there were many times I had to step in and make things right for those who brought their customers to me for help. In the end what you want is a happy customer, someone who will not only come back to you but refer people to you as well. A CS agent who dismisses a customer may be getting them off the phone but she's not doing her company any favors and should look for another job.

Maria

Super Contributor

Without quoting the previous post, I once had a very positive experience when I asked for a supervisor. QVC used to have a feature that was called 'product finder' where you could ask the CS rep to try to find a certain item, whether seen in an on-air presentation or an ad. While using that feature, I was once told by the product finder rep that 'we are product finders, not miracle workers'. I called back and asked for, and got, a supervisor and reported what I considered to be a very rude response. She was very courteous and apologized and even gave me a $10 credit. She also said that if I ever came across that problem again to ask for a supervisor because most probably they would be able to handle the situation.

Super Contributor

Well QVC....it's your loss, I didn't get to use ezpays so purchased my items elsewhere. If QVC thinks we'll buy regardless of getting an ezpay offer, they are mistaken! I spent over $1,000.00 at another store. Take that Q!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}Cool

Honored Contributor
On 10/13/2014 palmajo said:

Well QVC....it's your loss, I didn't get to use ezpays so purchased my items elsewhere. If QVC thinks we'll buy regardless of getting an ezpay offer, they are mistaken! I spent over $1,000.00 at another store. Take that Q!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}Cool

That 'random' nonsense is just that, nonsense... And their hording of EP has long been nonsense. The way things seem to be going around here, you'd think they'd figure out that customers incentives are a good thing...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor
On 10/13/2014 stevieb said:
On 10/13/2014 palmajo said:

That 'random' nonsense is just that, nonsense... And their hording of EP has long been nonsense. The way things seem to be going around here, you'd think they'd figure out that customers incentives are a good thing...

I so agree with you!!

Valued Contributor

I thought thee was an easy pay day in November around the middle of month.

Contributor

I get cards mailed to me frequently all year long. Don't know why or how I'm selected. I have never requested them. Also for birthdays, anniversaries, Mother's Day, etc.