Esteemed Contributor

Re: Easy Pay flash sale AGAIN? QVC you are becoming a one-trick pony.

[ Edited ]

@NC Bandwagon Hey, don't get me wrong; I have nothing against easy pay and sometimes I use it. My point is that these easy pay sales are not as alluring when they're offered so often.

My other point as I said below is that QVC could lead the industry on Black Friday, get lots of earned media, and be the first place shoppers want to go to get the best deals on the best stuff, but they don't. Perhaps they feel their sales are where they should be without promotions, doorbusters, free shipping, etc?

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

...and from HSN I got two 20% off coupon codes in the past two weeks and Evine we got 15% off coupon code.

QVC is doing a great job at making me buy from anyone else BUT them!

I didn't even get the Thanksgiving EZ pay at a choice of times email or card or whatever they sent out. Which really doesn't matter because Q has been offering tons of EZ pays anyway.  

Didn't get it either and other than the principle of the thing, agree, it doesn't matter. First, the prices and shipping counteract the EP and there's not much here I really want anyway. Besides, as noted, EP is pretty widely available these days, as are sale prices and low cost shipping... elsewhere.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@millieshops wrote:

@DoneTryinYep.

Actually, I can think of only one reason for all the complaints here and it's that QVC sells what they want to buy.  They just don't want to pay for it.

The good thing for QVC???  I'll see a few complaints here --and then sales in the thousands for the item.  Of course, the writers think they're superior to those who buy from QVC.  They're not, but having an anonymous person think they're better than me =   easy price to pay for being able to buy a little bit of quality goods from QVC instead of making do elsewhere.

Agreed, QVC will likely do just fine. For whatever reasons, some folks are pretty clearly simply wedded to this venue... Otherwise, there are some pretty leaping assumptions being made here...

As for that 'one reason', with all due respect, if that's the only one that comes to mind, perhaps donning the old thinking cap would be in order.

Woman Wink  Woman Happy

Speaking purely form myself, I don't think I'm better than anyone else and frankly don't see what that has to do with this disucssion in the first place... My shopping needs these days are simply being better met elsewhere, and no, QVC is not often selling what I want... When they are, and when their deal is better than elsewhere, I'll buy it here. Many times, however, there are better deals and incentives to be found for the same items elsewhere, and that's really what this is all about.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have no problem whatsoever with the frequency of the EP flash events. I've long felt QVC should make EP more available and they're doing that much. The issue I have is that for the most part, EP is their only nod to promotions or customers incentives... And, as oft stated, I think they could do better in the variety department, particularly with respect to what's featured on-air, but with a broader mix of brands overall.

Honored Contributor

I've shopped the Q since the late 90's (or something close).... and have come to love certain brands exclusive to the Q, that's one of the only reasons I still shop here.   I imagine it's the same for a lot of us.  However some of my favorite brands have changed so considerably (quality, sizing issues) that I've stopped buying them.  I've actually done very little Christmas shopping on the Q this year (or last)... bought a few things for myself I love but that's it.

I kind of panic'd about a week ago regarding finding gifts for the family and although I've shopped on line for many years, have not done so exclusively (love getting out there to the Mall to shop....).  But this year I did everything on line... researched the product, found the website, looked for Coupon Codes and free shipping and got 'er DONE!!!  Short, sweet, deals on everything and to my door!  Woman LOLWoman LOL 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

@wildcat fan wrote:

What I think is kind of funny is that QVC is actually helping other businesses sell me merchandise because QVC does the sales pitch.  Most of the things I've bought at Ulta were items I heard about from QVC.  My vacuum was purchased locally after I saw a QVC demo.  Plus, I've bought several things from Amazon that I became interested in through QVC.  With easy access to Internet, more people can comparison shop.  Surely, it's a matter of time before there is a collective wake-up call.

Same for me......I got my Shark locally and I comparison shop. I buy where I get the best price and customer service...

Agreed.  I think you can find the same items locally,and NOT have to pay for shipping and return costs!  There really is no special pricing on the Q compared to local ads for the holidays.

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

I have no problem whatsoever with the frequency of the EP flash events. I've long felt QVC should make EP more available and they're doing that much. The issue I have is that for the most part, EP their only nod to promotions or customers incentives... And, as oft stated, I think they could do better in the variety department, particularly with respect to what's featured on-air, but with a broader mix of brands overall.

----------------------------

During the last months, I received two offers for 20% on purchases from HSN!   Used one and did save quite a bit on a purchase.  Something similar would be a good incentive for Q sales....

Contributor

Me too. Two 20%nfrom HSN and 15% from evine live. Qvc today is the same old stuff after all that advertising about Black Friday, I am disappointed.

Esteemed Contributor

@stewmagoo wrote:

Me too. Two 20%nfrom HSN and 15% from evine live. Qvc today is the same old stuff after all that advertising about Black Friday, I am disappointed.

Yes, giving us 120 hours of deal only on items that you want to get rid of such as cheap earring and flashlights isn't exactly what I expected by all the best Black Friday EVER hoopla.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

@gardensla wrote:

@stewmagoo wrote:

Yes, giving us 120 hours of deal only on items that you want to get rid of such as cheap earring and flashlights isn't exactly what I expected by all the best Black Friday EVER hoopla.

Woman Wink

Haven't had it on at all. Don't plan to have it on at all.

Who knows, might never have it on again...

Woman Surprised