Contributor

EXCHANGE THAT BECOMES RETURN

I hope someone can clarify, and if the exchange policy is online somewhere, let me know.  I like to know the policy for an exchange that becomes a return.   

Exchange - Not in stock - Becomes Return -- Today I called CS about a paid label fee on Q statement.   It was for shorts that I wanted to exchange for diff color. Color sold out by time my package reached Q.  I was told I had to pay for the return since the product was no longer in stock and could not be exchanged.   Why are customers charged return S&H for an exchange that could not happen?   Not my fault that Q sold out before package reached them.  The last time I had similar situtation, the customer service rep immediately issued a refund for S&H.   Said I should not pay for returnl for an exchange that could not happened.    

If Q charges return S&H because they cannot exchange, then hosts need to stop offering free exchanges without clarifying only if in stock.

Contributor

Re: EXCHANGE THAT BECOMES RETURN

Forgot to mention in original post ..... the Q rep did give me a refund for S&H as a one time thing.   I appreciate that.    Just need to know the rules for future exchanges.

Esteemed Contributor

@1OldBroad  ITA, seems that whole free exchange thing has been very confusing for most of us.  I never, for the life of me, could understand why the Q doesn't have the same policy that HSN has (I believe they still have the same policy, perhaps I should verify).  But they would allow you to go online, request an exchange, and they would ship you the new size or color right away.  Therefore minimizing the risk of sell out.  Then you had 14 days to get the original item back to them for no charge.  I mean, it's not rocket science!

Respected Contributor

@1OldBroad I copied this from the Q’s exchange policy:

“If the requested exchange is no longer available, including items on waitlist and advance order, QVC will issue a refund and not deduct the Q Return Label fee.“

Contributor

I found the exchange policy.  Answered my own questons.   The last line reads:  

" If the requested exchange is no longer available, including items on waitlist and advance order, QVC will issue a refund and not deduct the Q Return Label fee." 

I should not have been charged return S&H and the refund was required.  In these trying times and shortage of staff, I understand mistakes can be made.  Q reps usually resolve with no problems.

I rarely buy from  HSN.   I received an item that was broken and returned it.  I was charged return S&H.   I called HSN CS and was told I had to pay it.   If I wanted to return a broken item for free, I should have called first and arranged it.    The rep gave me a credit toward another purchase - which obviously meant spending more money.  I mentioned Q's policy about damage returns and free S&H; the HSN rep said we're not QVC.   How nice !

I think more than twice before buying if there is a possibility of a return (willing to pay if I change of mind) or exchange.

Trusted Contributor

@1OldBroad wrote:

I found the exchange policy.  Answered my own questons.   The last line reads:  

" If the requested exchange is no longer available, including items on waitlist and advance order, QVC will issue a refund and not deduct the Q Return Label fee." 

I should not have been charged return S&H and the refund was required.  In these trying times and shortage of staff, I understand mistakes can be made.  Q reps usually resolve with no problems.

I rarely buy from  HSN.   I received an item that was broken and returned it.  I was charged return S&H.   I called HSN CS and was told I had to pay it.   If I wanted to return a broken item for free, I should have called first and arranged it.    The rep gave me a credit toward another purchase - which obviously meant spending more money.  I mentioned Q's policy about damage returns and free S&H; the HSN rep said we're not QVC.   How nice !

I think more than twice before buying if there is a possibility of a return (willing to pay if I change of mind) or exchange.

--      
I strongly suspect that HSN rep, was wrong. There is no way, a customer should have to 

pay to return a broken item!