Honored Contributor

Re: EXAMPLE WHY YOU ARE FAILING

@Calcgirl wrote:

@CalminHeart wrote:

Mistakes happen. People in the warehouse, on the phone, on air, next door, everywhere, make mistakes. Relax.

Mistakes are one thing, incompetence is a different matter and not acceptable.  When the same errors occur over and over again and never rectified that is a problem!  I vote with my money and where I choose to spend it.  I refuse to support incompetence.

How do you know if it was a mistake or incompetence? You don't. Stuff like this is called life. It happens. People can deal with it or complain.

IMO, there is a LOT of incompetence at Q but it starts at the top and trickles down into every area of the company (not just warehousing, shipping, and returns). 

Employees perform the way they are treated and respected. Having 40 years of experience at a fairly high level in a huge corporation and working with countless other large corporations, the odds are that employees in these positions are overworked, over-stressed, and work with less than adequate resources. I prefer to be a little more understanding of them.  

Contributor

I am getting very frustrated with their shipping methods.  It usually leaves their facility with UPS fairly quickly but then along the way it gets transferred to USPS.  When tracking the items they sit at UPS for a couple days waiting to transfer to USPS and then sit again a couple days at USPS before it continues on for final delivery.  I've had several items get lost in this process and never received them. 

I ordered many items from the garden day special with Carolyn and they were all delivered very quickly in a bundle by UPS.  But a Denim & Co shirt has apparently been sitting at my local post office since it transferred from UPS to USPS on March 6th  according to the tracking.  For the price we are paying for shipping, they really need to figure this out so customers can get their items quickly.     

Trusted Contributor

@Calcgirl wrote:

I have stopped shopping here not because of Caroline, actually i stopped a few months ago because of the poor CS, wrong deliveries, etc.  I have received a total of four items that were not mine with the customers personal information! I called CS and they just said send it back.  I also have not received orders which means someone else probably has. Again I had to call CS.  Late arrivals, wrong sizes, christmas garland with  lights that were supposed to be battery operated  without the string of lights and so on and so forth.  One CS instance I called and a female answered that sounded intoxicated or whatever with a screaming baby told me to hang up and call back because she could not help me!!!! What the heck is going on! Maybe instead of having three yoyo's hosting at the same time they should spend there money more wisely.  I have given up, destroyed my Q card and have divorced myself from this company.  My money is good anywhere and I will shop where I can get good service and merchandise. Good luck to you all.  I will continue coming to the boards and keep in touch with you lovely ladies and gentlemen.

@Calcgirl I had a similar experience, although not at QVC.  I received someone else's package with all their info.  Neither the names nor addresses were similar.  I never shopped with them again.  That made me think something was very wrong with their business, especially since that had never happened to me before and hasn't happened since.  And of course, I had to spend my time calling to report it, repackaging it, and taking it to the post office.  

Esteemed Contributor

I’ve had no problems whatsoever with QVC. My deliveries came in reasonable time & correct. I rarely return anything & their prices are no worse than any other retailers. If I do have a rare problem, it was always resolved promptly & to my satisfaction.

Honored Contributor

QVC is hardly alone in using UPS/USPS combination. It is very common, especially with today’s shipping rates.

I hesitate to ever blame a vendor for shipper issues, especially now.
Contributor

In the last week I have ordered and received shipments from Bath Body Works, Kohl's, & Home Depot all with free shipping.  Received all orders by Fed EX & USPS in 3-4 days.  I just placed an order with Philosophy.com with free shipping so we'll so how that goes.  

My Denim & Co shirt I mentioned in my earlier post has never arrived and I was just given a refund by QVC as it is now reported as "lost".  It couldn't be replaced because it is now out of stock.  This is my second QVC item to get lost in shipping this month and not arrive.  Based on my experience, QVC needs to reevaluate their shipping options if they want to make sales and keep customers. 

Respected Contributor

Ten different lines of man-made cheap fabric tees for 50.00+ each , plus shipping comes to mind.

Same old tired lines of items and BOW-RING items, presented in hour long snooze fests in an age where people have the attention span of ten seconds as they scroll or flip thru sites and channels...How much demo does one need to a mattress, vacuum, air fryer, sherpa jacket?

I don't have enough life left to waste on one hour for a vacuum.

Speaking of vacuums, one of the best sales tactics is that spiel about "run our  Special Magical Look-at-Me 600 dollar new improved vacuum  "X" over where you just vacuumed with your old dumb,  junky, cheap, no-name brand NON-look-at-me vacuum and see what comes up!!!!''

Here's a clue.  Empty and run your EXISTING vac over where you just vacuumed and VOILA!!! you will pick something up!!! Unless the motor is blown or your power is out.

Another clue: Who cares how fancypants your vacuum is?

NO ONE is here looking when I vacuum, so no one sees that my vac has a glamor name, look at me colors, a headlight or some gimmicky blue light that sees dust ( come ON now!!!) or any other special filtery mystical digital nonsense that does nothing to make it do better what it does...vacuums up dirt....

Rant over.

PS: Dyson's patent on that magical cyclone technology ran out decade ago...there are SO many alternatives on the market for a third the price, better value, and who wants a vac to last 30 years? Of course ,the other brands aren't marketted with that phoney "British" accent...meant to imply...what exactly? (Viking Cruises is another one....)

It's like the mattresses. One spiel is mattressess ABSOLUTELY MUST be replaced every 8 YEARS!!! they intone, looking ominously into the camera.

"The dust mites!! the pounds of dirt!! Animal accidents!!!  the sagging and bagging and all that food, coffee and wine you spilled on it!!! "

( doesn't ANYONE eat at a table any more?)

In the next breath, the mattress they're hawking has a TEN YEAR warranty. 

Too much same ole same ole that no one buys any longer.

Esteemed Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

Perhaps Customer Service will improve once it moves out of the country...

WHAT??? Are you kidding?? I certainly don't want to have Customer Service farmed out to another country! Every time I called Customer Service and am rerouted to someone in the Philippines or India I can't understand a word they're saying. So no....to that one.