Esteemed Contributor

Re: EVER SPOKE LIVE TO A HOST DURING A SHOW?

After shopping with Q for almost 20 years, I was given the opportunity to speak on air a couple of years ago.  Just one chance in 20 years! I had placed an order by phone using automated ordering.  The computerized voice gave me the option to end the call after placing the order or press a number if I'd like to speak to the host and vendor on air.  It was early on a Saturday or Sunday morning, and I declined the chance to speak.  It was an impulse purchase made after just rolling out of bed.  I decided to order an electronics item for my son after turning on the TV for a Q check.  I really didn't have much to say about the item, and I hadn't had any caffeine yet, so I figured I'd sound like one of those callers that usually annoy me.  The host was Dan Wheeler.  I like him, and in hindsight, I sort of wish I had followed through and said hello, but again, I probably would have sounded half asleep.😕

Honored Contributor

Years ago to Antonella when she and Joel were kicking of a Honora TSV.

I've been asked other times, but that's the only one I ever accepted.

Frequent Contributor

I've spoken to Mary Beth, Rick, Antonella, and Jill. All were very nice, and I wasn't coached. I'll say yes if they ask. I don't see a big deal about talking on tv. It's kind of fun!!

Trusted Contributor

Several times but it is hardly worth mentioning. No big deal.

Trusted Contributor

Back in the mid nineties I spoke to Kathy Levine and Rick, both during jewelry shows. I remember being an absolute nervous wreck. 

Honored Contributor

I spoke with CG once during a Royal Palace show and almost choked.LOL I love RP and have their rugs all over my house, hope they continue to bring their rugs to the Q.

Honored Contributor

A very very long time ago, I spoke with Judy Crowell during a Philosophy show......Judy was very very sweet.....

Trusted Contributor

No and I never wanted to do that.  I am one of the people that changes the channel immediately when they start to take a call.   I can't pinpoint exactly why but I've always found those calls to be irritating.  I'm pretty sure though that most people don't agree. 

Honored Contributor

It has been a while, but I spoke to Lisa R. selling waterfall shower heads, and I noticed there was a delay in my voice going out on air. I also spoke to Jane T. selling a necklace extender, and Dan W. selling a cooling thingy you put in water, and wear around your neck. I was never nervous. 

Honored Contributor

I have been asked many times in the past but always declined because I don't enjoy hearing those calls on air.  I order online now so never speak to an order representative.