Trusted Contributor

EVER SPOKE LIVE TO A HOST DURING A SHOW?

I have never spoke live to a host during a show!  I tried once but had no luck in getting through!!  It might have been a good thing.. I tend to get nervous and was never good at oral reports in school or any kind of public speaking!!  I fear I might make a fool of myself!!:womanlol   Would anyone who has like to tell us your experience?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: EVER SPOKE LIVE TO A HOST DURING A SHOW?

A long time ago I spoke to Christopher Radko during a show hosted by David Venable--probably during the very early 90's.......I used to collect his ornaments....but now my children hang them on their trees.....

Respected Contributor

Not recently but in the past I have spoken to Jane T with Barb Bixby, Rick D. during a diamonique show, Dan W. during a watch presentation, and Lisa R. during a gem show.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Trusted Contributor

I have spoken on air 3 times, twice to Joan Rivers (maybe 15 yrs ago?)  I'm happy to say!  (Hosts were Jane T & Jill.)  Then also once last year to Dan Hughes when buying Xmas decor.  The one I always wanted to talk to, but never made it, was Annette Funicelo on her teddy bear shows.  Sigh!

Respected Contributor

Umpteen years ago I spoke with Clinton Kelly on Q2. He was selling a fab Christmas tree stand. Ha! He is my one and only.

Respected Contributor

I spoke to Jill in the 90's during the midnight hour when she was selling a TSV of Diamonique earrings.  We spoke about living in a southern CA.  I called in because in those days you could win a prize if you answered a question in a game they had.   She didn't ask oneSmiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

I've never spoken, but I'm always surprised when the caller says she's been trying for years to talk. Almost every time  I talk to a rep, they ask if I want to speak to the host. I have

never cared to.

I've heard some dear sweet people make calls. Also, some real funny ones, too.

Honored Contributor

If you agree to chat on-air, do they coach you on what to say / not to say? 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ValuSkr

No, they do not coach you.

They do tell you to keep the volume of your tv turned down, they ask how you feel about the product, and tell you what order you are in the que to speak.

I have spoken on air at least four times, and I am always being asked and I decline. Chalk me up to another viewer that is always surprised at the people who state that they have been trying for years to speak live on air.

Honored Contributor

I've been asked a number of times, but always declined.  Now that I only order online, it won't happen again.