Honored Contributor

Re: ENOUGH OF SHAWN'S ONAIR SPIRITUALITY

@suzyQ3 wrote:

There are hosts who understand how to sell an item of faith without the drama and without injecting too many personal comments.

It's a fine line and not one that is very easy for a host whose personality just doesn't seem to include moderation or nuance.

I simply will not watch anyone who turns a shopping channel into a TV ministry.

@suzyQ3,Excellent post!

Esteemed Contributor

No, I don't find it to be too much.

Given the offensive profanity laced anti-Christian photos and comments that were posted on QVC's website this past Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, QVC may be using Shawn's shows/comments as an olive branch.  Very disappointed to see they didn't have something in place to prevent or delete that.

Honored Contributor

Shawn is a constant headache.  I refuse to watch her.

Her spiritual shows are the very worst.

Honored Contributor

One of the many reasons why I prefer to never watch her.

Honored Contributor

no, it doesnt bother me at all.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

There are hosts who understand how to sell an item of faith without the drama and without injecting too many personal comments.

It's a fine line and not one that is very easy for a host whose personality just doesn't seem to include moderation or nuance.

I simply will not watch anyone who turns a shopping channel into a TV ministry.

This perfectly says it. One's faith should NOT be used as a sales tactic to move message jewelry, clothing, etc. 

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Trusted Contributor

For the life of me, I can never understand why so many people who dislike a host insist upon watching her and then coming to the boards to complain about it. Seriously people, do you have nothing better to do?  Do you only get one channel on your televisions?

There are a lot of people I do not like to watch, so I do not watch them. I do not feel complelled to go online and comaplain about them.  I do not find it necessary to obsess about every action, fashion choice, or statement made by that person. 

Why do you all insist on doing it?

Respected Contributor

Hi @KYToby

RE: About why we gripe on these forums:

We as women feel the need to convey our feelings, oh so intently.  My DH keeps everything to himself, so it's a right brain / left brain anomaly.   Perhaps I should not bother typing this reply that no one really cares to read--but it makes ME feel better.

Happy New Year!

QVC Customer Care

This thread is closed for commenting...