Trusted Contributor

Of course we all know it's apple juice,or grape juice.I personally don't think qvc would allow drinking on the site.In fact I have never even seen them drink from the glass.

Respected Contributor
@kittylou, my boss opens a bottle of wine to share among the department a few evenings a week. We’re perfectly capable of enjoying a glass of wine together without getting sloppy drunk on a bottle of wine split between 3 or 4 people. I promise you our insurance carrier could care less.
Esteemed Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

It doesn't bother me, I have a glass of wine with them.  

200.gif

Frequent Contributor

I  have never seen the sales staff ln brick and morter stores drinking alcohol.  I tune in to watch a program selling clothes, not hosts drinking and toasting each other.

Honored Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

I stopped watching Friday evenings for the past few years. I realized it wasn't, to me, interesting or informative. Guess i just remembered the days without silliness, when a host actually knew and gave detailed information about a product. 

Props like beverages in wine glasses and bestie girlfriend get together scenarios, again to me, seems phony, put on, and leaves me flat. And if I think that's phony, then how much truth do I think is in any of the rest of the blah, blah, blah.

@Etoile308 Exactly!  QVC used to be like they were talking to us, telling us about a product.  One on one.  Then they got two hosts, which wasn't bad because they talked to one another and to us.

Then the best buddy friends-for-life bestie vendors came in and it's like watching people have a party now.  Standing outside the house like a peeping Tom.  I haven't watched in years.  I mean really watched, and it has been years since I watched a whole show. 

Like back when the Nesco lady and Laura Weathers were there.  And when someone actually COOKED!  Gasp!

Honored Contributor

The other night. A host made a blunder.  She laughed and said she didn't know what her problem was.  

She held up her glass and said it was a mocktail and she couldn't blame it on alochol.

Several  times hosts have mentioned that they were not drinking alcohol.  

You cannot guess  by the shape of a glass what they're drinking.  This same old, same old thread is getting old.

Today wine is served in hair salons, spas, boutiques and bridal salons and many other places.  If you are offered a drink and don't want one , just say no thanks.

There is no reason to police other people because it bothers you.

Honored Contributor

@LOVEMYFURBABY wrote:

I  have never seen the sales staff ln brick and morter stores drinking alcohol.  I tune in to watch a program selling clothes, not hosts drinking and toasting each other.

Many places that sell woman's clothing offer wine to their customers.  I have seen this personally when buying a MOB dress in a boutique and also in bridal salons.