Esteemed Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

You know what is really sad, is that we have so much bad going on now and the only thing people complain about is wine on tv.  The show is called "happy hour".  I like getting away from the news and watch something fun.  Do you really want to watch a host that is doom and gloom?  I find it refreshing to watch with my glass of wine.

You are exactly who they want to appeal to @Pecky They want you to feel  like you are just hanging out with the girls. 

Esteemed Contributor

It doesn't bother me at all and yes I am a woman with wine!!   I enjoy it and there is nothing wrong with it IMO.   There is a small Italian restaurant that we frequent, just run by two brothers and family.  Everytime we are there the waiters have a glass of wine at their stations.........I must say it doesn't interfere with the great food and service, it's actually quite fun.  Live and let live.

Honored Contributor

We just do not watch those things that offend us. AND for that reason many channels are not on our tier. You could do the same, but I think you just want to complain.

Respected Contributor

I agree. While I don't drink, it doesn't bother me that others do, and if it annoys you so much then don't watch.

Respected Contributor

I read an article about the TV show Blue Bloods and in it they said that the wine and the whiskey that they drink is actually grape juice and apple juice.  I'm pretty sure that is what the hosts on QVC are drinking.  I think they just want to give the illusion that they are enjoying a glass of wine.  It makes them seem more relatable to the audience.

Honored Contributor

As others have stated - I agree - it's for the "effect." 

QVC's attempt to look sophisticated.  (I don't think it's working.)

Honored Contributor

Re: Drinking Alcohol

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

I actually think it is wine.  I remember when Amy & Alberti were on a month ago he was opening a bottle of rose' from Kevin from Shark Tank and they both took a sip.  

@Pecky  I can see them tasting when they are selling wine.Otherwise if it is real wine that they are drinking and get in an accident on their drive home and say my employer told me to drink. How would QVC handle that? If I was a host and was told to drink during my working hours and had to drive home I would tell them no.

Respected Contributor

i can't believe that it is actually real wine. have you thought what this would do to their insurance "allowing" employees to drink on the job? 

what if a incident happend on the way home? who would be libel for the damages?  certainly not the employee who was "encouraged" to drink ?   i vote no

Super Contributor

@soozer 

I understand the point you're making and I have issues with it myself. Drinking alcohol or even appearing to be drinking it has become vey

popular not only with qvc but hallmark movies. It's like being back in high school again where all the cool kids are trying it. I know people very close to me who have struggled with chemical dependency and it rubs me the wrong way to see it glorified and encouraged, whether or not it is actually  wine being consumed. Nothin' cool or praiseworthy about it. 
and before other posters jump on me about my personal insights, I DO change the channel once I see a host with a "glass of wine". And I also know SOME people can hold their alcohol. 
I find the presentation of alcohol or even fake-alcohol unnecessary to selling clothes.  Given the COVID times we've been in and an increase in reported alcoholism, suicide, and addiction, perhaps this practice on qvc needs to be reevaluated or at the very least, decreased dramatically.