Contributor

Shawn did a presentation of the new brand Driftwood.  Is it a sales tactic to not mention the models sizes so I buy two of them?  I was going to order the jean jacket, but it was never mentioned what size anyone was wearing.  I didn't feel like dishing out $300 on 2 sizes, so I did not buy the item.  Just wondering why a host would choose not to mention sizes of a new brand that specifically says Not QVC Sizing?

Trusted Contributor

I feel like some of the more seasoned hosts really seem to think the shows are about them.  They try to be entertaining talking about thier personal lives and being quirky. Forgetting the colors, not going through sizes and what the models are wearing...

Lately I have been watching QVC 2 more often because newer hosts focus on the products and it's much better.  

No offense to the hosts, but I actually don't care about their lives.  I like to watch shopping shows because it's a break from the news.  

Contributor

Re: Driftwood Presentation

[ Edited ]

I don't need to know how  to wear the item or how good it will look on vacation.  They always talk about all these trips people are going on  I just need to know the basics.  What size are the models wearing.  If they can give the sizes for all the brands that have been on for YEARS, I don't even understand why the sizes were ignored on that presentation.  

Respected Contributor

No way. If they are gonna charge $100 or over, throw in free shipping! 

Honored Contributor

Dont they have a size chart or measurements on QVC.com?

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Regular Contributor

Re: Driftwood Presentation

[ Edited ]

Yes, they do have size charts. But in regard to jackets you like to see on someone similar to your height. If you are 5 foot tall the jacket will hit at a very different place than if you are 5'7.  So seeing jackets help. 

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

Dont they have a size chart or measurements on QVC.com?

Yes, there are. For me it's never a good idea to go by what size a model or a host wears. Looks can be deceiving.

Honored Contributor

@mormel20 wrote:

Yes, they do have size charts. But in regard to jackets you like to see on someone similar to your height. If you are 5 foot tall the jacket will hit at a very different place than if you are 5'7.  So seeing jackets help. 

Garment measurement charts give center back lengths so you'll know exactly where it will hit on the bottom hem.

Honored Contributor

@HawaiianStyle    Refer to the actual garment measurements which are the most accurate indicator of size.  They're located at the end of the text description where you're instructed to "click here".  

I check them on every piece I buy and rarely, if ever, have to return anything due to sizing.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

sometimes it will say "this is a such and such fit not a QVC fit" and they will show a chart of the product they're showing in their own sizing. 

Most of the time runs smaller. I usually pass LOL