Valued Contributor

Well maybe it is beacause I am a petite woman myself.  I am old enought to be Amy's mom however.  I want to say this.  She makesmany a faux pau .  HOWEVER, Amy looks GREAT in anything she puts on....That is what sells clothes people!!!!!! I hope she does not leave.  And one more thing,.   Her face is beautiful...in the likes of Sophia, Liz, Princess Grace......got it.  I like her!!!!

Honored Contributor

I like her too.  I don't have a daughter but I'd take one like Amy. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dressing Amy!!!

[ Edited ]

I really love Amy......enjoy her shows ......except her in combination w/LOGO.....and i also thinks she looks great in just about everything she puts on.....she looks great in denim.....and her denim big shirts........seems like a nice

person..

Trusted Contributor

I'm petite, too.  As a vertically challenged woman, the first rule is:  if you can't buy a petite size, you must alter the hem of dresses/skirts.  If you don't, you look either like you're playing dress up in your mothers clothes, or you look like you're standing in a hole.  There is not a heel high enough to pull off dresses/skirts that are too long for you!  It just looks wrong!  The same rule goes for some of the really long tunics, a regular size just doesn't work on a petite.  The proportions of the outfit are all wrong for a petite women.  Amy should be aware of this basic fact.  And, yes it's a fact.  As far as her looks, we hold polar opposite views.

Honored Contributor

I like Amy a lot. She may make some mistakes, but she is not offensive.  I'm not a Logo customer, but I will watch when Amy is the host and throughly enjoy the shows. Besides how many other hosts can wear all of those layers, LOL.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@Lila4Now wrote:

I'm petite, too.  As a vertically challenged woman, the first rule is:  if you can't buy a petite size, you must alter the hem of dresses/skirts.  If you don't, you look either like you're playing dress up in your mothers clothes, or you look like you're standing in a hole.  There is not a heel high enough to pull off dresses/skirts that are too long for you!  It just looks wrong!  The same rule goes for some of the really long tunics, a regular size just doesn't work on a petite.  The proportions of the outfit are all wrong for a petite women.  Amy should be aware of this basic fact.  And, yes it's a fact.  As far as her looks, we hold polar opposite views.

@Lila4Now

I respectfully disagree! I'm 5'3", 105 lbs. but petite sizing doesn't fit me well at all.

Crotch too short, length too short (I take a 30" inseam),waist not in the right place, etc.

If I see something on Amy that fits really good on her, I know It'll fit me good too!

I especially like seeing her modeling tunics, since too long can swallow us up and look like a dress.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it was rude towards host.

Trusted Contributor

domenica1, I agree with your assessment, especially the unique face Amy has.  She has a great sense of style that is stylish and she puts her outfits together quite well.  Her jewelry is also appropriate, usually in a subtle manner.  The unexpected color of her shoes adds to her style!

BtW-I am not bothered by her style of speech or the speed at which it is delivered.  

Frequent Contributor

Yup...Amy is a beauty.  Great facial bone structure.

She looks wonderful in clothes.

There you have it.

Honored Contributor

@Lila4Now wrote:

I respectfully disagree with your entire post, especially those 'rules'.  I don't adhere to any 'basic facts' dressing as a petite.

Dressing has just as much to do with body type as it does with your height.

I am only 5'3" and I NEVER wear petites.  I have extremely long legs and a very short torso.  None of those petite 'rules' above apply to my body type at all.

I never have spent the money to alter an outfit. If a dress is a bit too long, I wear a higher heel.  I purchase what I think looks best on me.

Regular tunics elongate me and give the illusion of a longer torso.  Petite tops cut me off and make my short body even more obvious.

Petite skirts and dresses shorten me down as too much leg is showing compared to my body length.  My best look is a high heel and a long flowing dress/skirt.

IMHO, there is NO such things as firm and fast rules.  You have to accomodate your own body shape.

I also think Amy is STUNNING.