Super Contributor

I am loving the dresses being presented on QVC, but why are they all above the knee?

Older women do not look good with dresses above the knee.  Can't one or two inches be added, or offer two lengths in the same dress and size?  Not everyone has great legs.

Honored Contributor

Remember one thing most of the models are 5 foot 8 and taller so on an average person 5 ft 3 - 5 ft 6 they will not be as short

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

Hem length is a real problem for me too. Can't tell you how many times I've seen a dress that I'd love to have only to find out it is not truly knee length. Most of them are in what I call the "mini" length, a bit too high above the knee for me. When I can, I try to get a measurement. My optimum length is around 39".

Respected Contributor

Me too ....I've had to stick with maxi's or make my own 😥

Trusted Contributor

@I am still oxox. I agree completely.   I am 5'4".  I prefer my skirts and dresses be mid knee but not lower than the bottom of my knees.   I do not wear midi lengths as they make me look like I am walking on stumps.   I do knee length and maxi on the rare occasions I am not in jeans or slacks.    Proportion, proportion.  As Garfield always said. I am not over weight I am under tall.

Honored Contributor

I'm 64 and while I rarely wear a dress (except for maybe a wedding), I prefer above the knee and just cannot stand material hanging below the knee.  Just showing the calf makes my muscular legs seem chunky,  stumpy and shapeless.  Like @I am still oxox stated, the models are all tall so on the shorter woman the dresses would be below the knee.

Trusted Contributor

I agree, need more dresses a little bit longer.  About 39 - 42 inches works best for me.  I'm 5'9 and 59 years old.

Occasional Contributor

I find 40 inches is the best length. Hits mid knee or just below. I agree with so many posts here. Another inch or so beyond the 39 is  more attractive on. QVC designers please take note. Most women cannot pull off that short look. Like others do, I Iove Isaac's dresses but too short. Susan Graver's dresses are a better length. 

And enough with the cold shoulder! 

Honored Contributor

I'm 5'9" and a maxi dress girl.  If my legs were more toned perhaps I'd like shorter dresses - like I did when I was younger.  Thank goodness maxi dresses are still very much in style.

Honored Contributor

I'm petite and older, so if I do wear a dress it needs to be in the middle of the knee or below the knee. I remember my MIL who was average height as an older woman wore her skirts way above her knees and IMO looked liked she was trying too hard and it really didn't flatter her. I heard IM say this morning that women who have good legs don't want to give up the shorter lengths as they age.