Contributor

I was watching the Dooney & Bourke show with Courtney and was thinking how embarassed she must be showing these goods with large scracthes and dents all over them. Nothing was worse than the Florentine Leather Triple Zip Crossbody purse that were decimated; each one of them......the D & B rep was talking about them being the Rolls Royce of leather goods. LOL

Honored Contributor

@NikkiLou76 

When I read your post, I went to watch the video (which is current because of the 'Rolls Royce' comment) and I don't see any scatches and dents on what was presented, especially the triple zip Florentine.

Maybe a small scratch on the Bordeaux color, but that probably hadn't been 'rubbed out' yet.....

Dooney & Bourke Florentine Leather Triple Zip Crossbody - QVC.com

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dooney & Bourke

[ Edited ]

@NikkiLou76 wrote:

I was watching the Dooney & Bourke show with Courtney and was thinking how embarassed she must be showing these goods with large scracthes and dents all over them. Nothing was worse than the Florentine Leather Triple Zip Crossbody purse that were decimated; each one of them......the D & B rep was talking about them being the Rolls Royce of leather goods. LOL

Yes, I saw a big scratch on  atleast two of the bags they showed on closeup on the Florentine bag. Matbe it was from the long finger nails of the Hosts  when they try to open the bag  or when they are constantly rubbing the bag saying how soft the leather is .  I do know that  good soft leather will scratch easily   by finger nails, belt buckles or the hardware  from other bags if you are not careful in how you store the bag- must be covered   when storing  . In any event, I would not  buy or accept a bag of that price being damaged  if I purchased it .

Esteemed Contributor

You have to be prepared to handle scratches on Florentine leather.  My DD has one, and only one, and has never bought another.  They are also heavier bags, and I could never guess what those large bags weigh even empty.  Not with my back!