Trusted Contributor

@Shanus  And only have 3 or 4 items per show.

Honored Contributor

Yes, I agree with most of the posters, AS is the offender we are talking about I presume. Amy has her fans or they would do something about her schtick, especially the sexual comments that she doesn't realize are sexual comments. I believe she isn't as dumb as she plays and those who produce her like what she's spewing. If you notice, it isn't the hosts who generate talk who are taken to task, it's the hosts who don't generate talk who seem to lose out.

Respected Contributor

@DoxieJ wrote:

@Equuleus wrote:

Did you ever consider they have time constraints.

@Equuleus  So do the other hosts who speak in a normal tone and comfortable speed: Leah Williams, Mary Beth, Pat James-Dementri, Jayne Brown, Mary Nelson, Dan Hughes, and Carolyn Gracie. They are all pleasant to listen to and watch their presentations.

This is such a major complaint about the hosts that you have to wonder why their producers don't say something! Certainly they're hearing and seeing what we are, and yet it continues if not getting worse.

Let's remove Mary Nelson and add Katie Magee.  It's the new "younger" crowd that seems biggest screamers and speed talkers to me.  Maybe this appeals to some, but not to me for sure.

Esteemed Contributor

If you want to hear a speed talker you should have heard the vendor for Professor Amos's drain cleaner last evening on HSN. OMG he broke the record for speed, and he literally made a gulping sound when he ran out of air and then quickly picked backed up. Truly you could hear blahblahblahblah hep blahblahblahblah. But no space between the blahblahblahblah and the gulps. It went on and on and on. The hostess whose names escapes me at the moment, she's blond and was a Q host years back, is a speed talker herself but she could never come close to this guy. It was truly remarkable how fast this guy spoke. I was waiting for him to keel over from lack of oxygen. 

Respected Contributor

@Perkup I certainly agree. The fact that I have to turn the volume DOWN if I want to watch the presentation is annoying to me. I only watch certain shows and try hard to avoid specific hosts if they aren't fun for me to watch but I wanted to watch IM's shows yesterday so I was somewhat "stuck".  However I was watching the PM style show last night and I heard the coffee question and a few other things where I just had to hit the mute button entirely.

Respected Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

If you want to hear a speed talker you should have heard the vendor for Professor Amos's drain cleaner last evening on HSN. OMG he broke the record for speed, and he literally made a gulping sound when he ran out of air and then quickly picked backed up. Truly you could hear blahblahblahblah hep blahblahblahblah. But no space between the blahblahblahblah and the gulps. It went on and on and on. The hostess whose names escapes me at the moment, she's blond and was a Q host years back, is a speed talker herself but she could never come close to this guy. It was truly remarkable how fast this guy spoke. I was waiting for him to keel over from lack of oxygen. 

Suzanne Runyan by chance? She was so loud when she was at the Q. Back then she didn’t fit in, today she would.

Esteemed Contributor

@SunValley wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

Suzanne Runyan by chance? She was so loud when she was at the Q. Back then she didn’t fit in, today she would.

@SunValley Yes that's the one. Thank you. P.S. She's still loud as well as a speed talker.

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Thebig I wrote:

Dont talk so fast you sound like a gerbil, just dont do it. it will not help you sell more, it will drive people to the  forums and in generral, it wont help your job, or your sales. The faster you talk irritates people and you are not even saying anything that is important. That hurts your ego, but most of what you say is mindless blather. We arent buying because you feel in a hurry, we can MUTE you. Make us happy and talk normal, maybe a fast pace is ok, but stay out of gerbil land.

@Thebig I

Kathy Gendel's daughter, Larissa, for Breezies wins the Speed Talking Award out of all the QVC hosts/vendors.....she sounds exactly like an auctioneer, you can barely understand what she's saying...Kathy's presentations are decent, nicely done

Watch at 3:22...wait a few seconds for her too really speed up

https://www.qvc.com/Breezies-Microfiber-and-Lace-Wirefree-Contour-Bra.product.A346538.html?sc=PSCH

plenty of time to return to CALM Leah and Kathy

lol, @Spurt...that lady was about to enter the chipmunk zone! 

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@twopeas wrote:

@Thebig I  I've gotten to where I record a show and watch later if it's one of my favorite vendors and a host I can't begin to watch. That way I can mute and fast forward. IE: The Isaac show yesterday afternoon.

@twopeas

That's a good idea, but items might get sold out 

@Spurt  Yes, of course, you are right, but it's worth the chance to not have to listen to the barkers. Many times I watch just because I like Isaac so much. Don't need more clothes.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Respected Contributor

Re: Dont do this hosts...

[ Edited ]

On the flip side, I personally can’t stand slow talkers. Drives me crazy - just spit it out already. I’ll take a fast talker any day!!!

Edited to add: I just watched the Breezies clip posted. I have no issue with the speed the vendor was talking. Completely understood every word she said.