Esteemed Contributor

@Thebig I  I've gotten to where I record a show and watch later if it's one of my favorite vendors and a host I can't begin to watch. That way I can mute and fast forward. IE: The Isaac show yesterday afternoon.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Contributor

I would agree with  the "time constraints" comment, except that Mary Beth Roe, Katie McGee and several "newbies" are able to maintain a peaceful, calm tone.   I would think that the time constraints would apply to all the hosts, right?

Respected Contributor

I so agree!  The older I get, the slower my ears hear.  Slow down.  Leave out all the personal "stuff" and get down to business at a reasonable pace.  You're there to sell - not entertain.

And while I'm at it, PLEASE STOP SCREAMING, SQUEALING, SQUEAKING, ETC.  Sometimes you're loud enough to wake the dead - and definitely anyone in the house who might be sleepiing!.

Esteemed Contributor

One of the newest hosts is a high-pitched squealer.  I won't mention names, but only give a hint:  it's not Anthony.

Trusted Contributor

@Equuleus wrote:

Did you ever consider they have time constraints.

@Equuleus  So do the other hosts who speak in a normal tone and comfortable speed: Leah Williams, Mary Beth, Pat James-Dementri, Jayne Brown, Mary Nelson, Dan Hughes, and Carolyn Gracie. They are all pleasant to listen to and watch their presentations.

This is such a major complaint about the hosts that you have to wonder why their producers don't say something! Certainly they're hearing and seeing what we are, and yet it continues if not getting worse.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

@Equuleus wrote:

@Equuleus Maybe a few, but not when they have a three hour show.

Honored Contributor

Re: Dont do this hosts...

[ Edited ]

@Equuleus wrote:

@Equuleus

It doesnt seem to be a time issue, because these fast talking hosts have plenty of time talking about themselves and their personal lives, or acting silly, it seems to be the products they don't want to discuss....and  if I find a host irritating, I DO turn the channel.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

I'm not certain what a "normal" tone is, but I would not include Mary Nelson in the list above.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Thebig I wrote:

Dont talk so fast you sound like a gerbil, just dont do it. it will not help you sell more, it will drive people to the  forums and in generral, it wont help your job, or your sales. The faster you talk irritates people and you are not even saying anything that is important. That hurts your ego, but most of what you say is mindless blather. We arent buying because you feel in a hurry, we can MUTE you. Make us happy and talk normal, maybe a fast pace is ok, but stay out of gerbil land.

@Thebig I

Kathy Gendel's daughter, Larissa, for Breezies wins the Speed Talking Award out of all the QVC hosts/vendors.....she sounds exactly like an auctioneer, you can barely understand what she's saying...Kathy's presentations are decent, nicely done

Watch at 3:22...wait a few seconds for her too really speed up

https://www.qvc.com/Breezies-Microfiber-and-Lace-Wirefree-Contour-Bra.product.A346538.html?sc=PSCH

plenty of time to return to CALM Leah and Kathy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@pattypeep wrote:

@Thebig I  I've gotten to where I record a show and watch later if it's one of my favorite vendors and a host I can't begin to watch. That way I can mute and fast forward. IE: The Isaac show yesterday afternoon.

@pattypeep

That's a good idea, but items might get sold out