Trusted Contributor

Never had a problem hearing or understanding any host.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Esteemed Contributor

@Johnnyeager

I wouldn't either.  The other day/night I had to turn her off  That uptalking quivering voice is ridiculous  Howw she got past the interview process and how she performed before the TV is beyond me

Trusted Contributor

I can always listen to Mary Beth Roe, she never talks fast. She does some things that bother me... but she is always pleasant to listen too. Another host that has been there a long time reminds me of a "bobble head" . She is constantly nodding her head, it drives me crazy so i won't watch her. I am looking more and more online instead of watching shows....or i dvd them, and fast forward them to things i am interested in.

Super Contributor
100% Agree...thanks for your post @Thebig I
New Contributor

I so agree with everything you said. It has gotten so bad I change channel when these hosts start talking so fast. Also, I think I know who you are talking about, she talks so fast and then all of a sudden she draws out her words so slow it really gets on my nerves.  Hosts like Mary Beth, Carolyn Gracie and Nancy Hornback speak normally and don't try to be the center of attention.

Respected Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

I so agree!  The older I get, the slower my ears hear.  Slow down.  Leave out all the personal "stuff" and get down to business at a reasonable pace.  You're there to sell - not entertain.

And while I'm at it, PLEASE STOP SCREAMING, SQUEALING, SQUEAKING, ETC.  Sometimes you're loud enough to wake the dead - and definitely anyone in the house who might be sleepiing!.

@Perkup

And, shrieking!!!  Amy is one of the worse offenders.  However, other hosts do it too!

Highlighted
Contributor

I agree with you!  Lately it's been more speed talk and hands waving.  It seems I'm always turning off the sound to watch QVC.

Honored Contributor

@Teddixat wrote:

@Johnnyeager

I wouldn't either.  The other day/night I had to turn her off  That uptalking quivering voice is ridiculous  Howw she got past the interview process and how she performed before the TV is beyond me

There have been a lot of posts about this host with the quivering / uptalking voice, @Teddixat.  I've never heard of the term uptalking before until I read it on these forums.

Esteemed Contributor

No one talks to fast for me.  I just get tired of all the personal chat that goes on between hosts & vendors.

Regular Contributor

I agree...do you know how many times I have written to the Q, asking them to re-train certain hosts not to talk so fast...we have no idea what they are talking about and asyou say it hurts sales, because I just change the channel.  And it's not that I have anything against the host personally only that you can't understand what they are saying.