Esteemed Contributor

Re: Done with the Squirrel nuts already

Just for an instant, when I first read the title, I was trying to remember how to cook them 🙄 little brain freeze.

Esteemed Contributor

The candy-coated "foil wrapped" offerings during the holidays are DELICIOUS!😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖 

Esteemed Contributor

They are typically quite expensive for what you get, but I don't mind the presentations. And I have to say that as someone who is generally not a fan of nuts, there are two varieties from Squirrel Brand that I will never pass up: The White Chocolate Toffee Pecans in white or the festive holiday white, green, and red (not offered for a few years due to poor pecan harvests and supply chain issues) and the Brown Butter Cashews. These flavors manage to be sweet but not too sweet and still prominently feature the nuts. The Caramel Colada Cashews that have been sold on QVC lately are ridiculously sweet, and even the cashew lovers I know think they're just too much. The savory options haven't been appealing to me or my group, so we've never tried them, but I have a cousin who is in love with the traveler's mix and gets a set from us every year around New Year's Day. Hooray for the bill to-ship to feature! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Way too much $$$.  Safeway has a 20 oz bag with walnut halves, cranberries, cashews, almonds & pumpkin seeds for $5.  No peanuts or raisens!

Respected Contributor

@Boomernichols   Sounds good.  I have always wanted to visit a Tractors Supply store. Like their commercials.  I have a feeling that I might make their bottom line.  

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Honored Contributor

This is a NUTTY thread! Woman LOL

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

The squirrel thing.... kinda like the FriYay thing.  Cute to start but it's gotten old and no one on the Q knows when to "hang it up".  I also love Denim & Co, and still will buy even though the prices have gotten higher than I feel they should be.  But I thought the Squirrel thing was cute in the beginning.....

.... but unfortunately it has gotten old and tired.  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

that whole squirrel thing is weird---- need to stop it

Contributor

I know what you are saying; they seem to always be on and the hosts tempt us with the slow pour into a bowl. I do recommend the Ruby Red mix that the drag queen came on with awhile back.....YUMMY!

Trusted Contributor

@NikkiLou76  I so agree with you about the Ruby Red mix that Latrice Royale was repping and selling. So yummy is right!

I also found bigger cans of it on Amazon and cheaper.