Regular Contributor

Re: Don't fall for FREE s&h days!

I have watched my orders very carefully in the last month or so because I found that they charged me $5.50 S/H on an order that was listed as $3.50. They did credit my account for the difference, but I should not have to be the 'QVC Police' to make sure they are doing the things that they offer. Now I notice that most things are offered at $5.50 S/H.

That means that if something doesn't work for you, the price for a return is almost $13.00...not sure where the "good deal" comes in. Based on the current quality and shipping issues, I have really cut back on the orders I place with QVC. I have select brands that I shop and everything else, I Google for price comparison...trust me this really works. QVC is not the only game in town...and they are not even convenient.

Super Contributor

@DasMEM2 Hello! This has happened to me a number of times. It is usually D&Co when they put out new stuff, sometimes it will show $5.50 s&h. It will be the same on air at least for the first presentation. After a couple of days, someone figures it out (or maybe someone complained), then they change it to $3.50. I've seen it happen with some new LOGO items too. 

Almost all clothing is $3.50, even 2 piece & 3 piece sets. The only exceptions I can see is coats & jackets. I go ahead & make the purchase, then wait for the s&h to come down to $3.50 (takes a couple of days), then I call CS & tell them I was over charged. They make the adjustment & have even removed the entire s&h fee at times.

It is their error (they don't have sales on s&h fees).

Valued Contributor

Venezia:

I don't understand why people even make your type of comment on a post. If you disagree with it, just scroll past it and search for one where you can possibly contribute helpful information. My post was directed to those who were not aware that this ever happens. 

I actually feel fortunate that in the case I mentioned, they had increased the item price. It encouraged me to save my money instead of wasting it on something I didn't even need. Perhaps it will affect others the same way, and that can't be bad.

As for you, based on your comment, good for you! It seems that congratulations might be in order. I'm glad that you spent your money on the items you wanted and that the prices were the same ones they were the day prior. Isn't it great when things work out the way you deserve and want them to? Let's hope you always have the same outcome.

"I never changed, I just learned."
Valued Contributor

shochic:

I was told by the post office the other day that QVC gets a substantial reduction on their s&h rates with the postal service. So, QVC might charge $3.50 to ship the item to us but when we return it, using the QVC return label, it's $6.95, and if we do it "our way" (which often times we don't get a return label for) it can cost up to/over $10.00. 

I asked QVC if I pay $3.50 to ship it to me but have to pay more to return it would they refund the difference. She told me NO. She said they will deduct the $3.50 plus the return s&h charge from the refund. 

"I never changed, I just learned."