Honored Contributor

Re: Don't fall for FREE s&h days!

@MrSour wrote:

This has been discussed in the past where they offer free shipping but raise the price of the item to offset. No free lunch.

@MrSour   On the other hand, nobody mentions the thousands of items where the price HASN'T CHANGED.  In the normal course of doing businesd, prices change constantly.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@shoechic wrote:

I've ordered 10 things in the past week & paid for s&h, can I also call CS & get FS for all of my 10 orders?

@shoechic   You won't know unless you try.  You can also email the MODS.  Email info provided above if you scroll up!

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

Two items ordered today (so far) and no price changes.

The naysayers shown to be wrong....again.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@shoechic wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@depglass wrote:

I ordered Mason Cash baking bowls on Lunchtime Specials two days ago.  Here they are today at the same price with free shipping.  Cost me 7.50, I'll get over it.

@depglass  If interested, once they ship, call or chat with CS and ask for an adjustment. They'll more than likey refund the shipping.

IMO, this should never happen. I could see if you ordered at say 10am & at 12pm FS was offered, but two days? And if it doesn't ship for another 3 days & then she is supposed to call in & get FS based on the fact there was a FS day 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From what I remember it's within 24 hours. I read it somewhere.

Don't know if that is still the case.

Esteemed Contributor

@LilMadi wrote:

I had purchased an item approx one week ago for $28.32 + $5.50 s&h. Since today was FREE s&h day, I just looked at my order history and that same item that was $28.32 is now priced at $33.99. So basically they added the previous s&h charge to the item price and are telling us the s&h is FREE which it's not.

This will absolutely prevent me from purchasing on FREE s&h days now. If you have no record of previous charges, there's no way to know if they are deceiving the customers.

@LilMadi   They do that with several items, but not all of them.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LilMadi  It all depends. I think if we are serious about something we want, we have to keep checking the item daily on our Wish List.

I have had my eye on a pair of Bernardo shoes. A-540260 They were listed at one time for $119. Which was a super savings but the S&H was over $11. No way.

So today they were listed at $106 with free shipping. I did buy them and looking forward to receive them.

Someone upthread said that it is a game. It is. You just have to learn how to play it. I love a challenge.Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

Every time a free shipping day is offered, you can be sure someone is going to start a thread saying prices have been raised and it's essentially a con.

Last I knew most of us were adults capable of deciding for ourselves whether something is a good deal.

I don't need someone telling me not to "fall for it".  (I've already placed my orders - prices the same as yesterday.)

Honored Contributor

Certain items I've recently ordered had a substantial savings and I paid s/h.

Case in point - Item is $84.00 w free shipping today but I ordered 2/24 and paid $69.84...

so there are items price increases.

Super Contributor

@homedecor1 You bought it when it was on sale though, right? Things go on sale & come off sale all the time. I don't consider that a price increase.

Honored Contributor

Most of the items I wanted today didn't have free shipping.  Woman Mad

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.