Super Contributor

Re: Don't fall for FREE s&h days!

[ Edited ]

@SurferWife I know it says restrictions apply or whatever, but I heard them say "everything and I mean everything" was free s&h during a presentation today. What type of items are not FS? Just curious.

Respected Contributor

I know this is a moot post, because the free shipping day was yesterday, but it has been my experience that on free shipping days, some things still show that there is a shipping charge on the item page. BUT...when you get to the checkout phase, the shipping changes to free shipping.  My advice is to always try to buy the item to see if that happens.

Honored Contributor

@shoechic ----If you bought the same items then that are shown on the free shipping day----I would try---but just anything you ordered, of course not. I bought an item from Macys and a day or 2 later, they had a big sale and I checked to find that that item was now, $30 less and got the price adjusted to the sale price.

Esteemed Contributor

I think that the whole goal of their business is to make a profit. 

Shareholders appreciate that.

Trusted Contributor

You can ask for a shipping credit if you ordered something a few days ago (not sure if within the month).  I ordered the Lock n Lock popmaker maker and received a $5.50 credit.  

Valued Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

Most of the items I wanted today didn't have free shipping.  Woman Mad

Maybe you should tell posters you live in Hawaii. That would help posters understand. I did apologize to you when you posted on Free Shipping On Everything and you only got two items that were Free Shipping. I didn't know you live in Hawaii.... 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Please look at my post about this in Community Chat -- SHOES raised in price by 30 dollars! Another pair of shoes by 20.

-Solar Smiley LOL

Super Contributor

@Solar Is My Name Give us the item #. They were most likely on sale when you bought them. Q does not increase the REGULAR price by $30 on FS day. Baloney!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@shoechic     How does a shoe go on "clearance" and then on free shipping day go OFF of clearance and have the price significantly raised?Smiley LOL  There were 2 pairs of shoes whose prices changed on free shipping day. One was A375476 and another was A392199.

-Solar Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@shoechic 

These are the examples:

item bought 2/21

F6F5BE46-1601-4F2E-AE44-564A1A4B150D.jpeg

free shipping day -- exact same thing

DDC56BD6-6EA5-4CB1-BF09-FEF3D039D547.jpeg

Either way I was glad I ordered -- free shipping days most items are sold out I want quickly. 🤷‍♀️ (valerie park hill, kitchen or home items).