Honored Contributor

I think after all these years Rick has finally grown into himself, he can be a bit much at times, but he remains likable. At this point in his career like the other long time hosts I'm sure he's just happy to still have his job.

Respected Contributor

Re: Don't Worry Rick

[ Edited ]

I know he has his fans, but I'm not one of them.  I don't care for his selling style, and listening to the stuttering.  He's just too phony and hyper for me and I don't think he's as funny as he thinks he is.

Respected Contributor

@butterfly123 wrote:

A Rick moment I will always remember is a jewelry show with Joan Rivers.  Joan was talking about some earrings (remember she sold clip on also) and she looked over at Rick, and he was wearing the earrings and had a huge smile on his face.  This didn't faze Joan, and she kept talking about the earrings and moved on to the matching necklace. 

I wish I could find this footage. I laughed and laughed.

@butterfly123 I wish you could too.  I'd love to see that.

Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@sparklestar wrote:

He keeps messing up today; must be having an off day (as all of us do now and then).  At least he is able to laugh at himself.  He just said "where am I working tomorrow cuz it ain't gonna be here."  He's soooooo funny. 

Rick, I am sure you will have your job for a long, long time.

I get that he can be over the top sometimes, but I like his sense of humor and fun. He makes me laugh.

I agree! Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: Don't Worry Rick

[ Edited ]

I find Rick genuine, funny, down to earth, self-depreciating, engaging, knowlegable, respectfu,l exciting (rather than hyper) which is hard to do selling stuff for hours. I really enjoyed him sharing his family during the Christmas shows. 

Respected Contributor

Rick Domier is very funny!  This is part of his charm as a host.

Frequent Contributor

I like Rick too, but do you notice he's starting to look a bit like Wayne Newton(if you know what I mean)?

Contributor

I think Rick is the only male host who can sell jewelry, and knows how to describe it. He is very good at his job. And I wouldn't doubt that the vendors prefer him to sell their jewelry.

Honored Contributor

@butterfly123 wrote:

A Rick moment I will always remember is a jewelry show with Joan Rivers.  Joan was talking about some earrings (remember she sold clip on also) and she looked over at Rick, and he was wearing the earrings and had a huge smile on his face.  This didn't faze Joan, and she kept talking about the earrings and moved on to the matching necklace. 

I wish I could find this footage. I laughed and laughed.

Boy I miss the promos with Joan Rivers and Rick...!  They were hilarious!  and I remember the earring thing with Rick.  Joan's deadpan was priceless!

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Trusted Contributor

He reminds me of a chihuahua that has ADD.  Spastic and nervous.  And all over the place.  Honestly, I can't watch him.  He's too intense Smiley Sad