Respected Contributor

Don't Put Your Trust in Customer Service

If you contact them over an issue and they confirm a refund is in order, don't count on it.  Apparently, upon contacting customer service a second time, I was told corporate can override what customer service tells a customer.  So don't put any confidence on what you are told. 

Tried to edit the color on an item that was processing.  System let me proceed w/changing color and I saved it, but still showed the original order was processing.  So I decided to cancel the entire order.  After two more days it still had not shipped and status was "cancel in process."  So I called them and was told the cancellation went through.  So I put in another order with the color I wanted.  I still received the original order.  Called them again, and was told to put the label on it and ship it back and I would be given a full refund. 

The refund showed up today for a mere $6 and some change, which was only partial amount on the first EZ pay.  Called them again, the person I spoke to said they would issue the rest of the refund.  Thanked her.  But checked my account and was only issued the amount of the label and not the original S&H.  Called again, and was told they could not issue me the $5.00 original S&H because corporate put an override on it.  I insisted on speaking to a manager, but you know how that goes.  All busy, they will call me back.  Right. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Don't Put Your Trust in Customer Service

Not sure if anyone cares, but being I started this post I would like to share that I finally gave up on a manager calling me back.  So I decided to send an email and I received a response on the same day advising me that the issue was resolved and they did provide me a full refund on all S&H costs.  I just needed to give thanks where thanks is due. 

From now on I will utilize the email first before calling CS.  Thanks again!!!!

Respected Contributor

One more thing, I would also like to let it be known that, other than this one instance, I have always had a great experience with contacting CS directly.  I realize that every situation is different, and every CS person is an individual and will handle things and react differently.  So I do appreciate the great experience I received in the past from the knowledgable representatives I have spoken with. 

Valued Contributor

I have found that if you get the name of the customer service rep.of any company,and make a note of it.If you need to call back,you have a name to say,I was told by .....that it would be taken care of!You will get better service!

Trusted Contributor

Thank you for the update.  Glad you got it resolved to your satisfaction.

Honored Contributor

@mosky wrote:

I have found that if you get the name of the customer service rep.of any company,and make a note of it.If you need to call back,you have a name to say,I was told by .....that it would be taken care of!You will get better service!

Actually, most SC reps never give out a "real" name.  They usually make it up.

Super Contributor

Indeed! You always want to make note of name of person you're speaking with AND the date and time you called. It carries a lot of weight when you have this info. AND when you ask the person for their name (even after they volunteer it in the beginning of the call), they KNOW you're probably taking notes...and that will usually help them carry through what they said they'd do...and they'll probably note the account, which helps if you need to call back. I also like to get their name again so I can say thank you, using their name.

I worked more years than I care to remember in Customer Service, Customer Relations and Customer Sales...and these tips help when there's a conflict.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
~ Ian Maclaren