Respected Contributor

Re: Don't Plan On Cancelling Orders Using PayPal

Pay Pal handles Ebay's cancellation etc. well.

Valued Contributor

This seems to be the Q's way of holding money to earn interst and skew their numbers. I get it, but it is backfiring. Just do a return to sender. Don't open the box, and take it to the post office , tell them you didn't order it, and email CS at QVC and track it. Yup exhausting and makes one question where they shop.

Trusted Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

I don't plan to use Paypal anywhere unless I'm truly forced, but if I do, I can go 99+% that I won't need to cancel.  I hate returns, here and everywhere so I'm far more careful about ordering until I'm as sure as I can be that I on't get stuck in the return game.

I've even stopped taking home items from a brick and mortar store unless I've sure of myself.  Without mentioning a chain name, one place I used to shop most of my clothes apparently has trained their personnel to say "take it home.  You can always return it if you change your mind."  They know once it's in your house, a good percentage of people keep what they bought.

Sounds like QVC also. 

Wish I would have saw this before I cancelled my order. I experinced the same exact thing as you. They are holding $266 of mine! Very frustrating that I now have to wait 30 days.

Esteemed Contributor

@mimom wrote:

I have to ask how long you have been waiting for the 

Even when I have cancelled an item on QVC website utilizing my credit card, the authorization may stay on my On a side note ever since I started using PayPal with eBay way back in the day I found them to be a big PITA and rarely use them now.  There much better payment services available now.

------------------------

I used PP for a while years ago.  But every month or so I would get an email - supposedly from PP - telling me that my account was experiencing problems.  I would call PP and they knew nothing about it and really said they coldn't stop it... ???

I stopped using PP right then and there..

Esteemed Contributor

@corita wrote:

@mimom wrote:

I have to ask how long you have been waiting for the 

Even when I have cancelled an item on QVC website utilizing my credit card, the authorization may stay on my On a side note ever since I started using PayPal with eBay way back in the day I found them to be a big PITA and rarely use them now.  There much better payment services available now.

------------------------

I used PP for a while years ago.  But every month or so I would get an email - supposedly from PP - telling me that my account was experiencing problems.  I would call PP and they knew nothing about it and really said they coldn't stop it... ???

I stopped using PP right then and there..

The first fake paypal email I received over a decade ago I called paypal to check on it and they did not send it.  I looked more closely at the address and it was just off by one capitalization of the correct paypal notices.  I get them from time to time but do not respond nor have I called paypal back again to check.  Still using as my preference for all purchases for about 12 years now. 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Believe me I'm so done with ordering anything from QVC!  I just think of all the money I'll be saving!  So refreshing!

Honored Contributor

The reason you can't cancel anymore is because QVC is not holding or shipping the merchandise.

More and more it's coming from a third party or the vendor or the vendor's third party.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
New Contributor

I agree it's QVC not cancelling the Authorization correctly, not PayPal. QVC has been holding over $300 of my daughters funds for 8 days now, which was her xmas money.

New Contributor

My daughters experience as well, QVC has been holding her funds for over 8 days now.