Respected Contributor

Don't Plan On Cancelling Orders Using PayPal

I was happy to use paypal last week for the Creed silver show.  I decided to cancel an order.  It is still pending authorization and holding the funds in my PayPal balance.  I called PP they said it was up to QVC to cancel the authorization they can't.  I did a chat with two different people from QVC they told me it was only a pending authorization and Paypal had to do it which I told them what PP said.  Paypal will release my money after 30 days if QVC does not cancel authorization sooner.  I am not happy about this at all.  

Just make sure you are not going to cancel when using PP.

Respected Contributor

Re: Don't Plan On Cancelling Orders Using PayPal

Try cancelling anything -  regardless of your method of payment - and you've got a fight on your hands.  (in progress, in progress)

Valued Contributor

Oh brother!  Thanks @Pecky for the heads up on this.  Will not be using PayPal for Q puchases!

Esteemed Contributor

I placed an order with another on-line company that I cancelled. I was refunded my paypal amount immediately!  I'd pressure the Q if I was you.

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

QVC's cancellation policy has nothing to do with PayPal.  You can't cancel minutes after placing an order, PayPal or not.  Be sure you want it when you order, because it's coming your way and you can't cancel.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

QVC's cancellation policy has nothing to do with PayPal.  You can't cancel minutes after placing an order, PayPal or not.  Be sure you want it when you order, because it's coming your way and you can't cancel.

100% this. I don't plan on canceling anything, because I don't order if I'm not 100% sure I want the item. It's the only way to be sure you don't get charged.

I treat it just like any store I shop in - I don't go to the grocery store or Sephora, have them ring up all my items, swipe my card, then say "nevermind, put it all back" before I sign off on the charge. If I change my mind, I do it before I get in the checkout line and I put the item back on the shelf.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

It shows cancelled on QVC's end.  They are still holding the authorization on a cancelled order.  They need to void it and they won't.

Valued Contributor

I have to ask how long you have been waiting for the Pending transaction to be reversed?  Do you have funds sitting in your PayPal or are they also being pulled from your credit card or checking account?  All of these can be factors.

All transactions need to go through nightly batch processing.  If  you cancel your order at 10:00 AM on QVC website it is not immediately sent to PayPal.  The transactions have to cycle through the system and depending on where your funds are pulling from those are additional transactions as well.  

Even when I have cancelled an item on QVC website utilizing my credit card, the authorization may stay on my credit card for a couple days until all of the transaction cycles are complete.  Have you every noticed that when you return at a retail store it takes a couple days for the return credit to appear in your account???????  

On a side note ever since I started using PayPal with eBay way back in the day I found them to be a big PITA and rarely use them now.  There much better payment services available now.

Honored Contributor

I don't plan to use Paypal anywhere unless I'm truly forced, but if I do, I can go 99+% that I won't need to cancel.  I hate returns, here and everywhere so I'm far more careful about ordering until I'm as sure as I can be that I on't get stuck in the return game.

I've even stopped taking home items from a brick and mortar store unless I've sure of myself.  Without mentioning a chain name, one place I used to shop most of my clothes apparently has trained their personnel to say "take it home.  You can always return it if you change your mind."  They know once it's in your house, a good percentage of people keep what they bought.

Respected Contributor

@mimom wrote:

I have to ask how long you have been waiting for the Pending transaction to be reversed?  Do you have funds sitting in your PayPal or are they also being pulled from your credit card or checking account?  All of these can be factors.

All transactions need to go through nightly batch processing.  If  you cancel your order at 10:00 AM on QVC website it is not immediately sent to PayPal.  The transactions have to cycle through the system and depending on where your funds are pulling from those are additional transactions as well.  

Even when I have cancelled an item on QVC website utilizing my credit card, the authorization may stay on my credit card for a couple days until all of the transaction cycles are complete.  Have you every noticed that when you return at a retail store it takes a couple days for the return credit to appear in your account???????  

On a side note ever since I started using PayPal with eBay way back in the day I found them to be a big PITA and rarely use them now.  There much better payment services available now.

It has been a week.  The transaction never went through it is still pending until QVC ships it which won't happen because I cancelled the order.  It is in pre authorization status.  It is on "hold" status and holding up funds in my pp account.  QVC will not cancel the pre authorization on it so my funds will be cleared.  

To answer your other question yes I notice that it takes a few days to get a credit,however, that is because the transaction had gone through.  This has not.