ags

Re: Don't Plan On Cancelling Orders Using PayPal

True statement! I have been getting the major run around from QVC an PayPal concerning a preauthorization on a TSV order I placed. The order had a ship date of 2 weeks out, and I decided to cancel before it shipped. Unfortunately, I had cash in my PayPal account rather than the usual withdrawal from a debit card or checking. Two weeks and many phone calls after the cancellation, and my $76 is still being held. PayPal blames QVC. QVC blames PayPal. I rarely cancel orders or make returns. I am only posting this as a warning to others. QVC and PayPal don’t work well together!! Hopefully my money will be released in 2 more weeks.

Respected Contributor

@ags .........this thread is almost a year old you wont get any attention to you post here.

"If its broke, God can fix it".....Joyce Meyer
Respected Contributor

@Imaoldhippie - another new poster bumping an old thread. There have been several in the last week not to mention all the "new" posters.

Trusted Contributor

@corita wrote:

@mimom wrote:

I have to ask how long you have been waiting for the 

Even when I have cancelled an item on QVC website utilizing my credit card, the authorization may stay on my On a side note ever since I started using PayPal with eBay way back in the day I found them to be a big PITA and rarely use them now.  There much better payment services available now.

------------------------

I used PP for a while years ago.  But every month or so I would get an email - supposedly from PP - telling me that my account was experiencing problems.  I would call PP and they knew nothing about it and really said they coldn't stop it... ???

I stopped using PP right then and there..

I also used PP for a few years and then starting getting all kinds of scam emails. I also had numerous problems with them. I haven’t used PP in years. Don’t trust it at all.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pecky 

Made 2 purchases from the same vendor using PP.  Due to errors on the vendor's part, had to cancel. PP never did respond to my requests.  Never.  Will never use PayPal again.  They're so awful I cannot even cancel my account with them.  Or, rather, they don't want to let me go, as they probably figure I'll use them againk which I won't.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Wow!! I am so surprised reading others experiences with Pay Pal. I have used them  for several years and have never experienced any problems. I use my Credit/Debit card on QVC, HSN, and Amazon, but for most other transactions if Paypal is one of the options available,  I choose to pay with it.

I have a good girlfriend that refuses to use any site that does not offer paypal as an option. She does not like to put her credit card on sites for online purchases.