Respected Contributor

I don't understand this, maybe I'm just dense.

Why have an item that's supposed to be a two month supply on four months EZ Pay?  

I just saw a new product, a sleep aid that's a two months' supply on four months EZ Pay.  Also, there have been skin care items that are supposed to last a certain amount of time and the EZ Pays are longer. 

Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks! 

Respected Contributor

They just want to close the deal. Some people will make a purchase if they can spread the payments out. Just like a car, some like to take a short loan and pay it off quickly while others want the smallest payment possible.

Respected Contributor

@chessylady 

Hi Chessy!

I get that, but when the payments last longer than the product it doesn't make sense.  It would be like still making car payments on a car you no longer have. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Does this make sense?

[ Edited ]

@this is my nic 

yup....I made this mistake !  I ordered Juniors cheesecake for Christmas & Rocky Mountain chocolates as gifts (bill to/ship to) ....they were delicious & long gone but my ez pays live on until April😉!!!!

I believe if a item is on ez pay the automated system just defaults to that option although my common sense says just pay them off now -- but  I get a chuckle when we reconcile cc statement and spouse will say "how long do these never ending ez pays last!"

I just smirk🤔🤔🤔

Honored Contributor

It doesn't make sense to you, but it does to those that chose it.  Get it now, pay it later.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1.  If you don't opt for speed pay and go through the whole check out process, you have the option of NOT using easy pay.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

yes i know that -- some of my ez pays are ridiculous -- esp on a $20 item.  I just "speed buy" sometimes out of laziness😉

Valued Contributor

What makes this scenario worse is an item purchased on auto-ship for say 6 easy pays and the item is a three month supply.  They will ship again in three months while you still have 3 more months to pay on the 1st shipment.  Next shipment comes, another series of easy pays start.  Suddenly you have double easy pays.

They almost got me on this once with a Perricone product.  When I realized that the item was on a 3 month auto ship and I was still paying for the original ship I returned the second ship and cancelled auto ship.

I don't even know why QVC does this (offer 6 easy pay option for a 3 month auto ship).  It doesn't make sense to me.  

Honored Contributor

It doesn't seem odd to me.  Lots of things go on easy pay.   

Trusted Contributor

Just pay it off early, if you don’t want it.  You know you can also edit the type of payment you want if the order isn’t too far along in the shipping process?