Super Contributor

Does the Q know how to add?

[ Edited ]

I ordered two of today's TSV, the Sonicare brushes. I didn't order them at the same time. I ordered one at the first showing and then this morning I ordered one for myself. They appear on my Order Status as two different orders. My state has a sales tax so the tax amount was $10.25 for each order.  However, the two orders are for two different amounts. I guess I'd best watch my orders. Granted, it is a few cents, but what is wrong with their calculations that two of the exact same item, with the exact same price and, the same tax rate add up to two different amounts? What am I missing here?

"QVC has Removed your personal information."

Super Contributor

Re: Does the Q know how to add?

NOt sure what happened to my above post. The formatting went haywire. Sorry. I just wanted to show the discrepancy.

Trusted Contributor

I can't see both orders but were they both with 6 easy pays?

it may be a rounding error if only pennies difference... diving among 6 or (say) three payments may cause calculation glitch.  Agree though, they should charge the exact same amount for exact same item Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Shipping. One order may be discounted  due to ordering more than 1 item maybe?

Honored Contributor

Something similar happened to me recently with two Lands End orders for the same item.  I noticed that one was slightly more expensive than the other.  

The reason?   I live in an unincorporated area next to an incorporated city.  In the first order, they correctly charged me for my area's sales tax.  In the second, they charged me the city tax rate.  

This makes me wonder how many other online orders, with any etailer, charged me more tax than was due.  

Super Contributor

Both items were $99.96. The item number is V35523 Philips Sonicare Toothbrush. The tax on both was $10.25. The shipping was free. I was billed $110.21 for the first one and $110.16 for the second one. They were not ordered together. There was no buy more, save more.

I know that the amount is only $.09. I am just wondering how this happened. I am also wondering if this happens to other orders. Perhaps someone in IT should check on it.

Esteemed Contributor

@ChouChou,
That's happened to me. 2 orders for the same thing, placed separately. Two different $ amounts.
Here's what happened. One was billed for that item plus s&h, then taxed.
The other was billed for that item plus s&h FOR BOTH ORDERS, then taxed on the greater amount.

I remember the packages arrived days apart from one another, and I was new to QVC, not savvy with their glitches, shipping, and invoices.
QVC Customer Care

@ChouChou wrote:

Both items were $99.96. The item number is V35523 Philips Sonicare Toothbrush. The tax on both was $10.25. The shipping was free. I was billed $110.21 for the first one and $110.16 for the second one. They were not ordered together. There was no buy more, save more.

I know that the amount is only $.09. I am just wondering how this happened. I am also wondering if this happens to other orders. Perhaps someone in IT should check on it.

@ChouChou  I apologize for any confusion.  I took a look at your orders and figured out the discrepency.  One order is ready to ship now and has already figured in the easy pay amounts which has already divided your payments equally and gotten rid of the odd/extra pennies.  Your other order is an advanced order which has not gone through the easy pay process and has not gottem rid of the odd/extra pennies.  Once your advance order authoirizes and ships, it will be the same total as your other order which will ship soon.  The price difference you're referring to right now is $.05.  I hope this helps.  

Melvin, Customer Care

Respected Contributor

See.  There's a logical explanation for everything.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

You might have said something that the admins didn't like.  They are ridiculous with their patrolling this forum and heaven help you if someone gets offended.  This place isn't exactly a forum for "free speech".  I love to read the posts, but sure do hesitate to say anything.  I know the truth hurts, but geesh, sometimes it seems to be a bit excessive with the "removal" of posts.