Esteemed Contributor

Re: Does telling the size and height of each model help you?

I find it very helpful and have decided I will no longer purchase without this info.  I never know what size I take as it varies, usually, but sometimes could go either way.  Same with shoes could be 6, 6.5, 7(boots). 

Stating the size the model is wearing is helpful, but more helpful if they state if that her normal size or not.  I read the 'click here' but doesn't always work:  I now have to return two tees to the @Q and one to HSN.

Trusted Contributor

It helps me to know Amy's height since I'm about her size. However, now that I know that, it's useful for me to hear actual product information, like inseam and shirt length, so that I can see how it fits on her body. I know that people have different torso lengths and such, but I like that they have a wider variety of models on QVC than on HSN so that I can judge more accurately how an item will fit on me. It doesn't really help me decide if I'll be able to avoid return fees if all of the models are 5'10". I know that I can just look at the garment measurements online, but if you're buying something meant to be oversized, some of those measurements won't be very useful. I need to see how the item looks on the body. 

Honored Contributor

I find it helpful to see how it looks on different sized models, although I don't necessarily believe the model sizes translate to RTW sizes in the clothes that I buy.  I'm between sizes so have a hard time deciding between the two.  The one time I tried using the measurement chart given for the product I had to return for TWO sizes smaller.  That's really a reason why I rarely buy clothing from the Q. 

HSN's models seem to be closer to their RTW size.  I think Colleen on HSN (I know she's not a model) is a Medium and she actually looks like a Medium to me.  Not the case with the Q.  

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I'd rather have them tell me the model's measurements and then say what size that model is wearing.  That way, I can tell if the garment looks/runs small.

You can't have a model who has a 48 inch bust measurement wearing an XS garment.  

Regular Contributor

@DJs mom , short pants because most of the models are tall and very few vendors make talls.  A few do and notice how they sell out in an instant, makes no sense at all