Valued Contributor

Re: Does telling the size and height of each model help you?

I'm petite and I definitely need a shout out to a model that is wearing a petite. Especially in tops! Sleeves that are bunched up on a petite model at the elbow mean they're too long for me Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

I am a proportionate petite at 5ft3, so it helps me to see a petite model wearing the clothes. That being said, I don't want to hear a host tell me over and over again how tall and what size the petite model is. It's rough if you don't have a proportionate figure and we all know by now the only models that do on the Q,are the xx small models, no matter what height. Instead of all the jibber jabber, put the models stats on screen next to them when they are being featured and put the garment measurement's on screen for long enough so we can read it before it disappears. The way the hosts are presenting these days is just so amateurish.

Honored Contributor

The only thing height helps me with is length of a pant.....height has NOTHING to do with size....when QVC started giving out height I posted that it was of very little value to me in picking out the actual size of an item that I would purchase.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks, everyone, I found the replies interesting. As someone said, it wold be more helpful if there were a variety of sizes shown, instead of having 3 extra extra small sand one large, which is quite common. 

Regular Contributor

I think it's ridiculous since the height doesn't help with size just the length.  I assume that they don't want to ask the weight question which would,actually help,with the size. 

Honored Contributor

@lizzief 

I don’t need to know the models’ heights or sizes. The most important thing I pay attention to is the garment measurements online. 

Honored Contributor

No, not at all.  

What does help is the body type.  I'm shaped like Katia -  ||  -.but not nearly as tall or as thin.  

I can judge the placement of shoulder seams, pockets, sleeve length. how the garment hangs, etc., by how it looks on her even though I'm a few sizes larger.

Honored Contributor

@hsawaknow wrote:

While it may be a way to see how it might fit on your body, they dont do enough models who are in mediums, larges or 1x or 2x. I see a lot of xxs or xs or large but nothing in between. Sometimes they sqeeze a model into a large when she would look better in a xl or 1x. Also they are mostly over 5'8 

Its hard for me to decide on jeans because I am pear shaped and 5'6 size 6 and they dont have a model like that on the Q so ordering jeans is a gamble. Not all size 6 fits within d&c, Martha Stewart, and Laurie Felt.

@hsawaknow 

ITA....not enough medium models....and some models definitely do need to size up...I'm waiting for the day if a model moves we'll see the clothes rip.....some are wearing clothes that are way TOO TiGHT

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Height makes little difference for me, the models waist and thigh measurements would help me but I do  understand that they would not expect the models to give out that info...I do rely on the chart to make my choice in size, but still have to send things back....

Honored Contributor

I like the suggestions here about putting the information on the screen.  On many shows they are all over 5' 8" and all XXS.  Then they get to Maria and ask her if she is in a 1X or large.    Putting it on the screen would be better, save time and then they could present more items or give more detailed information about the items currently on air--washable? what is the lining if there is one? runs true to size?  inseam length of the pants?, what is the sleeve length?, etc.